New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 222 of 529 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272322 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 5286
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    I guess that's settled then. Fortuner is the best car in this segment and since it has the highest sales figures, only shows that the buyers are also smart. They do their own research and they do watch the Australian outback reviews.

Like I said, underpriced ang Fortuner. it is the only PPV that is comparable in performance sa mga tig 2M - 3M na SUVs like the Pajero and LC Prado. So basically, swerte ang mga bumibile ngaun neto coz once the head of Metrobank read these findings dito sa thread, talagang itataas na nya yan Fortuner lol. So better buy now while you still enjoy the value for money.

In my case, Montero pa din bibilin ko. Eh ang hanap ko lang naman replacement sa CRV ko. Im for the comfort as well as the good FC benefits of diesel. Montero is the softest rider among the bunch for creature comforts talaga. In that sense, solb na solb na ang GLS Premium 4x2. But the Montero GT TOTL at 1.7M after discounts, wow the best yun if one is to occassionally visit tagaytay or Baguio like 12 times a year. But to use it sa trail, i'll never risk it.

Sent from my Macbook 12"

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The Montero has so much of the older model...same shallow floor where you are forced to adjust back the seats, same rear fold third row with little legroom. And the uncommon start button location as if it was placed there as an afterthought...

Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    My wife and I test drove both the new Montero and the new Fortuner. While indeed the Montero really has the best bang for your buck, we still opted to get the Fortuner. Main reasons were more room upfront due to conventional center dash layout, wider space in the 2nd row (more space with 2 car seats compared to Montero).

Additionally, I repeatedly asked if my wife felt the ride of the Fortuner was harsh/stiff, and she said no. Note that we are currently using the previous Montero (2009), and she has ridden on the previous gen Fortuner as well. At the end of the day, happy wife, happy life hehehe, and I also personally felt that the ride isn't as stiff as I've been reading in the forums/FB groups.
    Last edited by Monseratto; March 24th, 2017 at 02:47 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    The Montero has so much of the older model...same shallow floor where you are forced to adjust back the seats, same rear fold third row with little legroom. And the uncommon start button location as if it was placed there as an afterthought...
    Yup, and the Fortuner's interior even at G spec felt more well built IMO.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    In my case, Montero pa din bibilin ko. Eh ang hanap ko lang naman replacement sa CRV ko. Im for the comfort as well as the good FC benefits of diesel. Montero is the softest rider among the bunch for creature comforts talaga. In that sense, solb na solb na ang GLS Premium 4x2. But the Montero GT TOTL at 1.7M after discounts, wow the best yun if one is to occassionally visit tagaytay or Baguio like 12 times a year. But to use it sa trail, i'll never risk it.

Sent from my Macbook 12"
    Bro.,- akala ko ayaw mo sa MS, dahil may "2 saklay" sa ilaw sa likod?

Bakit ngayon bibilhin mo na siya?

Ano'ng nangyari?

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

32.1K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Ano'ng nangyari?

_/_/_/

Napilay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Ano'ng nangyari?

_/_/_/

Ganyan naman talaga ugali ko fafa. I never reveal my true intentions.

Sent from my Macbook 12"

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Ganyan naman talaga ugali ko fafa. I never reveal my true intentions.

Sent from my Macbook 12"
    That is why you're da man bro!

Baka mabago na rin next purchase ko... 😉😍😆

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Fafa, sa totoo lang maka-Montero ako. Dami nagagalit sakin sa Montero thread coz I somehow favor the Fortuner. Pero para sakin di ko naman need dursbility ng Fortuner kasi andami-andami naka-fortuner sobra umay na. Gusto ko lang sila gumastos ng mas malaki by convincing them to get the more expensive Fortuner, para kay MyPres Du30, para tumaas lalo credit rating at GDP natin ngaun 2017

Sent from my Macbook 12"

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    That's you. 28k Fortuners vs 9k Monteros means the majority have shifted to Toyota.

Remember from 2009-2012 the Montero was outselling the Fortuner. 2013 and 2014 it was a neck and neck battle. 2015, the old Fortuner already edged out the old Montero. In 2016, both with new models, the Fortuner absolutely murdered the Montero when it came to sales.

No doubt the Montero is a capable 4x4. That's not the reason it's not selling. It also has a superb engine, soft ride, and lots of toys considering that it's now very cheap thanks to discounts. Unfortunately, those are not enough to overcome the SUA stigma and the ugly rear which are the main factors why it lags even behind the Everest and MUX.

The Fortuner is overpriced, underspec'd, and has a stiffer ride than other PPVs, yet still sells because it looks good to many people, and Toyota has generally been able to live up to the public's perception regarding its reliability, longevity, and ease of maintenance.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Im buying montero because i want a 4x4 which fortuner dont have what i was looking a full time 4x4. Luckyly because os sua issue though never been proven. The price of 4x4 drop to 1750k price of 2.4 v. Because of sua . I was more certain that it wont have any sua issue on the montero anymore. Bec of sua there are few on the road mas d nakakaumay.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by boybit View Post
    Im buying montero because i want a 4x4 which fortuner dont have what i was looking a full time 4x4. Luckyly because os sua issue though never been proven. The price of 4x4 drop to 1750k price of 2.4 v. Because of sua . I was more certain that it wont have any sua issue on the montero anymore. Bec of sua there are few on the road mas d nakakaumay.
    Sabi nga nila, to each his own. I used to like the montero even with the melting tail lights. Pero the more i look at it, especially the side profile pumapanget sa paningin ko. Too tall and narrow looking. I think the vertical lights accentuated the narrowness of the vehicle. Gusto pa naman namin ng puti, eh parang ambulansya ang dating. I like the front of Monty, no complain about that. Sana lang hindi tuluyang mapagiwanan sa sales ang Monty dahil for sure sa mga facelifted version ng mga upcoming PPVs, kung sobrang benta ng hubad na hubad na Fort what more na lang yung mga dadating upcoming year na facelifted version na mas marami ng techs paano pa kaya? Lalo sila maiiwan at in the future mahirap humanap ng pyesa kase konti ang market. Sana pumalagpalag naman si Monty sa sales vs. Fort ng di kampante si Toyota. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Toyota Fortuner