New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 197 of 529 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 5286
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Brought the Fort to Nasugbu Batangas. Passed through Pico de Loro rolling zigzag on the way back to Manila. There is a problem with the clutch, especially on fast downhills. The gears seems to be stuck and remain in high rev at about 2k rpm even without stepping on the gas...have to continually press the brakes to slow down enough for the gears and the revs to go down. Between 80 kph and 40 kph. My transmission was changed before and the recieved the update program for the downshift jerk. Anyone experienced a similar anomaly.
    ganyan din nangyayari sa fortuner ko, kapag binitawan ko na yung gas pedal ayaw pa din bumaba ng rpm, gingagawa ko tapak ulit sa gas pedal then after few seconds baba na ulit yung rpm.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    My fortuner won't auto lock itself after 30secs, ganun din ba sa inyo?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by maimaicomp View Post
    ganyan din nangyayari sa fortuner ko, kapag binitawan ko na yung gas pedal ayaw pa din bumaba ng rpm, gingagawa ko tapak ulit sa gas pedal then after few seconds baba na ulit yung rpm.
    Pag flat highway normal naman. Suspect ko once free wheeling at fast downhill, ayaw na niya mag upshift ng sarili, kaya na stuck rin accelerator kahit di nakatapak.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vinrem View Post
    My fortuner won't auto lock itself after 30secs, ganun din ba sa inyo?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    You can have it programmed, nasa manual. Or gaya sa amin, nag upgrade kami after market alarm.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by maimaicomp View Post
    kinda odd for a new engine

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Found out after a little research that automatic tend to engine brake themselves on downhill drives. Normal pala yung nangyari...

When going downhill, choose speed and gear according to the situation, that you neither need continuous gear changes nor you need continuous braking. Do not brake down your car by downshifting. Instead of this brake your car down to the desired speed with the ordinary brakes, then shift down. Avoid braking continuously. Rather brake down your car deliberately to the desired speed and then open the brake completely, so it can cool down.

If the road into the valley happens to be really steep, it may be necessary to shift down to second or first gear. Then you will go downhill quite slow - with an engine revving on high revs. This sounds cruel, but it is no problem: The engine is made for that, the transmission does not care, and as the car is driving the engine, the engine does not burn fuel, it does not generate heat and so it is not exhausted at all.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    ^Tulad yan ng engine grade braking ng trailblazer. Malaking tulong sa brakes.

Just tap the accelerator pag masyado ng mataas ang rev and the engine grade braking will let go.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Kailangan mo talaga paps umapak ulit para mag engine brake.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Vann-O View Post
    I used to read this & my reaction is pinagtawanan ko lang sabi ko human error lang kasi hindi talaga ako naniniwala sa SUA. Now, I can testify my 1st hand experience...IT'S TRUE!!!

The scenario: This morning lang about 6am hinatid ko wife to airport. Pagkauwi ko ng bahay and about to park, dahan-dahan lang kasi nakapark din sa harap nya si Innova about 2m away, then suddenly nag-accelerate! Buti na lang mabilis ako sa brake! But to my surprise nakaapak na sa preno pero lumalaban pa si makina continuous pa rin revo nya kaya todo apak ko then bigla din tumigil. It created a noise & vibration na akala mo my nasagasaan din sa ilalim. I almost hit the rear ng Innova about half meter na lang. When I turned off the engine dali-dali ko pa tinignan sa ilalim kasi parang may nasagasaan nga but nothing! I stood up a moment dun ko na-feel ung fear bigla ako kinilabutan! Now, I'm in the office ung Innova na lang ginamit ko. I'm planning to report the incident in Toyota soon!

PS. Our Fortu is 2.4V A/T & just 20days old!
    Our Fort 2.4V VH conduction sticker was bought last August. Experienced this too earlier. Our family had a roadtrip (90km one way) and there were no problems on the way to our destination, but on the way home, I noticed that the Fort sometimes continued to rev at the 2000-2500 rpm range even when I lifted my foot from the gas pedal. I tried adjusting the floor mats three times to make sure it didn't jam the pedals but I experienced the revving around three more times. What I did was step on the break and it would go away after around 5 seconds. Really got scared because I was driving with the whole family.

This was the first time it happened. And hopefully the last.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    May Power Door Lock sa dashboard under the parking sensor switch. Baka nakapindot sa off position. Dapat nakaangat siya.
    Hello sir! Okay na, yung switch lang pala accidentally pressed from the dashboard gaya ng sabi nyo.
    Thank you very much and happy new year!

2016 Toyota Fortuner