New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 104 of 529 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 5286
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by battouter View Post
    like i sad 9 out of 10 filipino's are dumb enough to purchase the "new fort" as it is.
    It's as if you didn't even bother to read what everyone else has posted.

Why are they dumb? Because they bought an overpriced, underspec'd Fortuner?

What if they don't care as much about toys as they do about looks, ease of long-term ownership, or just mere peace of mind with owning a Toyota?

What if, to them, a Fortuner is the one that gives them the greatest happiness?

Here's an actual conversation I had with one of my friends who's looking to buy a PPV:

Friend: Ano bang okay ngayon? Fortuner o Everest?

Me: Mas maraming features yung Everest, tapos mas mura. Pero nasa sa'yo kung ano mas type mo na porma.

Friend: Di ko naman kailangan yung mga features na yan. Mas mamahalin tingnan yung Fortuner, kahit yung low end mukhang mahal eh.

Me: Ikaw bahala, tingnan mo pareho, tapos bilhin mo kung ano mas type mo.

Friend: Tiningnan ko na yung Everest. Ok lang, di ako na-wow. Hintayin ko yung Fortuner bago ako bumili.

He's got an LC and previous Fortuner, and says he doesn't have any complaints with it so he trusts Toyota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    The mere abundance of parts is a big selling point. I'm not saying it as a fact, as I don't know how part availability is for Toyota's new models, but for most of the consumers I know who are not into specs, this is their main selling point.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Fans of other vehicle manufacturers should just be thankful that Toyota is raising their prices.

Eh kung mura pa din yang Innova at Fortuner, ay paano na ang mga competitors.

Add-ons? Features? Ilan bang features sa bagong Everest ang talagang gagamitin ng ordinary Pinoy driver? And probably most of them don't even care about those features.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    It's as if you didn't even bother to read what everyone else has posted.

Why are they dumb? Because they bought an overpriced, underspec'd Fortuner?

What if they don't care as much about toys as they do about looks, ease of long-term ownership, or just mere peace of mind with owning a Toyota?

What if, to them, a Fortuner is the one that gives them the greatest happiness?

Here's an actual conversation I had with one of my friends who's looking to buy a PPV:

Friend: Ano bang okay ngayon? Fortuner o Everest?

Me: Mas maraming features yung Everest, tapos mas mura. Pero nasa sa'yo kung ano mas type mo na porma.

Friend: Di ko naman kailangan yung mga features na yan. Mas mamahalin tingnan yung Fortuner, kahit yung low end mukhang mahal eh.

Me: Ikaw bahala, tingnan mo pareho, tapos bilhin mo kung ano mas type mo.

Friend: Tiningnan ko na yung Everest. Ok lang, di ako na-wow. Hintayin ko yung Fortuner bago ako bumili.

He's got an LC and previous Fortuner, and says he doesn't have any complaints with it so he trusts Toyota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brand Loyalty wins...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    The mere abundance of parts is a big selling point. I'm not saying it as a fact, as I don't know how part availability is for Toyota's new models, but for most of the consumers I know who are not into specs, this is their main selling point.
    It is for this reason that the people in our office only opts for Toyotas when it comes to vehicle requirements, the only exception to the rule is the Mitsu Adventure and L300, but these 2 also have excellent parts availability.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    It is for this reason that the people in our office only opts for Toyotas when it comes to vehicle requirements, the only exception to the rule is the Mitsu Adventure and L300, but these 2 also have excellent parts availability.
    Same with one of the subsidiaries of the company i work for (which requires company field vehicles). After going through Isuzu, Ford, Mitsu and Nissan, the preference for settled with Toyotas. It might change though with the higher price so i won't be surprise to see Isuzu and Mitsu back on the POs.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by battouter View Post
    like i sad 9 out of 10 filipino's are dumb enough to purchase the "new fort" as it is.
    You are flame baiting already.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Fans of other vehicle manufacturers should just be thankful that Toyota is raising their prices.

Eh kung mura pa din yang Innova at Fortuner, ay paano na ang mga competitors.

Add-ons? Features? Ilan bang features sa bagong Everest ang talagang gagamitin ng ordinary Pinoy driver? And probably most of them don't even care about those features.
    I don't agree. Nagtaas sila, siyempre tuwa yung iba diba. Pwede na din sila taas kunti para mataas profit margin.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    It's like Toyota is the default choice for Filipino non car enthusiasts. I wonder how long the waiting list will be? If I remember correctly when the Fortuner first came out in the mid 2000s, it was as long as 6 months?

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    does anyone have photos of the interior from the recent launch?

im trying to see how brown the interior is.

also, maybe someone can give feedback about the visibility from driver's perspective.
    the diff between the Eve and the new MS was significant enough for me to remove Eve from my list plus the white interior.

having a kid and a dog, maintaining the cleanliness will be a chore for me =)

i already made a reservation for the new MS but it is yet to be delivered.
    perhaps it's a sign that i should stick to the people at toyota bicutan which gave me hassle free services for the past 6 years.

tia...

2016 Toyota Fortuner