New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Really? Is this confirmed?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The current camry is 5yrs old. They will eventually shift to the tnga platform next year. Both rav4 and camry will be completely new.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    The current camry is 5yrs old. They will eventually shift to the tnga platform next year. Both rav4 and camry will be completely new.
    But they should have teasers or previews of the new body by now if they plan to release by next year right? You think it'll come next year or 2018? Thing is I need a sedan this year, maybe max of 1.65M. Besides the Camry, what other options are out there? Is there a discount for the M6? Parang lahat na ng ibang choices at least 100k more expensive, lalo na kung G lang kunin ko. Ayoko sana accord.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Mazda 6 wagon.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hoover View Post
    But they should have teasers or previews of the new body by now if they plan to release by next year right? You think it'll come next year or 2018? Thing is I need a sedan this year, maybe max of 1.65M. Besides the Camry, what other options are out there? Is there a discount for the M6? Parang lahat na ng ibang choices at least 100k more expensive, lalo na kung G lang kunin ko. Ayoko sana accord.
    Teasers are expected early 2017. Debut will be middle or end of 2017. Locally Im not sure yet.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Why not the Nissan Altima or Kia Optima? The 4-banger Altima has a retail price of 1.65M (even less with discounts) while the Optima is around 1.4M+. Not sure if the local Kia dealers still carry the Optima but they are quite loaded for its price. The Altima sold here in the Philippines are CBU from the US where it is selling well relatively.

Any interest on a diesel-powered sedan? For 1.498M, you can get the Volkswagen Jetta 2.0L TDI DSG. It may be smaller than the current midsize cars but it is bigger than the current compacts. The size is more like the midsize cars circa 2001-2005. Think of it as a poor man's Audi A4 TDI. VW-PH does offer discounts to boost its sales.
    Last edited by Egan101; April 28th, 2016 at 05:03 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I just prefer the camry. We've had 2 earlier model camrys and I like the practicality.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by hoover View Post
    I just prefer the camry. We've had 2 earlier model camrys and I like the practicality.
    so, it is true, advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    so, it is true, advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't
    Pardon the curt reply. What I mean to say was that I'm really looking at the Camry unless something special comes along, whether as a steal or an upcoming entry into the segment. Thank you for your comment , Egan101, didn't mean to be rude.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Why not the Nissan Altima or Kia Optima? The 4-banger Altima has a retail price of 1.65M (even less with discounts) while the Optima is around 1.4M+. Not sure if the local Kia dealers still carry the Optima but they are quite loaded for its price. The Altima sold here in the Philippines are CBU from the US where it is selling well relatively.

Any interest on a diesel-powered sedan? For 1.498M, you can get the Volkswagen Jetta 2.0L TDI DSG. It may be smaller than the current midsize cars but it is bigger than the current compacts. The size is more like the midsize cars circa 2001-2005. Think of it as a poor man's Audi A4 TDI. VW-PH does offer discounts to boost its sales.
    Appreciate your advice, by the way. For Kias I'd much rather go with the carnival. Although I heard it's a long wait. Not familiar with the reliability of Nissan sedans, never had experienced with them. Doesn't VW still have problems?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast