New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Guys check this out latest leaked from Toyota thailand. Paultan.org/2015/02/26/Toyota innova-leaked-2016/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinahecho View Post
    Guys check this out latest leaked from Toyota thailand. Paultan.org/2015/02/26/Toyota innova-leaked-2016/
    shades of HRV!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kinahecho View Post
    shades of HRV!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nice! Sana ito na talaga iyon.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    its about time. the current innova is the fugliest model since it was launched.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ^^^ Agreed ...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post
    its about time. the current innova is the fugliest model since it was launched.
    it is a wonder why this ugly duck became one of their sellingest models ever...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Looks were never the Innova's selling point. The reliable and efficient diesel, adequate seating for 8, comfortable and durable chassis, versatile interior, and of course the Toyota badge are what makes this car a hit.

There's simply no other car in this price range that competes with the Innova. It's good that Toyota is developing a new one, but even if the current one remains unchanged, it's still 5 years more modern than anything Isuzu or Mitsubishi offers.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    ^Add some hundred thousand bucks more and the price will be much closer to the entry-level MS GLX M/T, at least for the Innova 2.5 G and 2.5 V variants.

The MS is a much better choice in that range but of course, being an SUV, it's more tighter, more thirstier and has more expensive PMS when compared to the Innova, not to mention that it's diesel engine is also prone to emitting black smoke. But over the latter, it possesses sporty looks, more comfy ride, more powerful diesel engine, good flood-fording capabilities, great road presence and the fact that you can add some aesthetic parts to make it better & unique looking in one's eye.

But still, we cannot deny the fact that both of these vehicles are already old and also too common here in our roads, which gets very tiring in our eyes.

I just hope that with this new Innova, it should get the better 2.5 D4D VNT powerplant and a better transmission, plus Toyota should fix this issue that, while a diesel Innova is running more than 110kph, you could feel some very harsh vibration inside and also feel that the engine is already working hard to push itself to it's limits, which shows that it probably tops out at 130-140kph. I don't know if it's the same with the Hiace and non-VNT Fortuner or Hilux but being a passenger once in an Innova, that's what I have observed before when it was used in the highway and the way it felt at that speed.

I guess Toyota can try to make a more better and more refined Innova by addressing some of it's shortcomings.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    ^Add some hundred thousand bucks more and the price will be much closer to the entry-level MS GLX M/T, at least for the Innova 2.5 G and 2.5 V variants.

The MS is a much better choice in that range but of course, being an SUV, it's more tighter, more thirstier and has more expensive PMS when compared to the Innova, not to mention that it's diesel engine is also prone to emitting black smoke. But over the latter, it possesses sporty looks, more comfy ride, more powerful diesel engine, good flood-fording capabilities, great road presence and the fact that you can add some aesthetic parts to make it better & unique looking in one's eye.

But still, we cannot deny the fact that both of these vehicles are already old and also too common here in our roads, which gets very tiring in our eyes.

I just hope that with this new Innova, it should get the better 2.5 D4D VNT powerplant and a better transmission, plus Toyota should fix this issue that, while a diesel Innova is running more than 110kph, you could feel some very harsh vibration inside and also feel that the engine is already working hard to push itself to it's limits, which shows that it probably tops out at 130-140kph. I don't know if it's the same with the Hiace and non-VNT Fortuner or Hilux but being a passenger once in an Innova, that's what I have observed before when it was used in the highway and the way it felt at that speed.

I guess Toyota can try to make a more better and more refined Innova by addressing some of it's shortcomings.
    i gather, you do not own an innova.
    kindly read entry #7 above, to get an idea of what the competition is up against.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 1st, 2015 at 01:41 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post

Stopped reading at some hundred thousand bucks more. You missed the point of the Innova by a mile.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast