New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    This is the reason why people buy, and re-buy an Innova. I know of families who have gone through two or even three new models since 2005 (they change every 4-5 years).

I hope they improve the crash worthiness on the new model. I travel often enough on the highway and one thing i noticed on the Innova was it doesn't fare too well when it collides with a high vehicle. You often see damage going up and over the A-pillar, which collapses totally. Power-wise, the a/t version could use more oomph when it's loaded but i'm not complaining because it's a people carrier and there are straightforward ways to work on the power if you really must.
    Agree bro.

Yup,- the 4 A/T, though it is reliable is already archaic...

They should go to 5 A/T or better...

Again A/Ts have matured significantly through the years.... (Huwag lang iyong DCT ng Ford... )

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

25.8K:shazam:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Naku swerte na ako sa 6km/L (city driving/mixed traffic condition)

VVTI A/T saken ha yan lang ang regret ko sana diesel kinuha namen.

Wallet ko nangangayaw eh

Naku na OT na naten ang thread.
    Even at 6Km/L,- that is effectively 12Km/L dahil dalawa kayo sa sasakyan, bro...

Tapos, may sakay ka pang mga chicas...

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

25.8K:shazam:

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ... I travel often enough on the highway and one thing i noticed on the Innova was it doesn't fare too well when it collides with a high vehicle. You often see damage going up and over the A-pillar, which collapses totally.
    Correct me if I am wrong but is this an after effect of the crumple zones technology (if I may call it such) which is to divert all the force of impact away from the passenger at the price of a totally wrecked car? A healthy crash survivor can buy a new car in due time whereas a paralyzed owner may no longer have the ability to drive even if his car survived the crash.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    ipapalit ba ito sa innova mga sir..

same price range,, id be thinking to get one since going seven years old na innova ko sa 2016...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ipapalit ba ito sa innova mga sir..

same price range,, id be thinking to get one since going seven years old na innova ko sa 2016...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    * CVT. Signs of age indeed. Before i used to abhor Toyotas for being boring. After years of owning different brands, and paying for vehicle service, i now usually consider a Toyota first when we go on the market. It may not be as fun to drive or as character-filled as my Nissans, or my dad's old E36 but in a day and age where i just want my family to be comfortable, have ample power, and have less time to spend in servicing and maintaining a car... it's hard to not oversee what they offer.

Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but is this an after effect of the crumple zones technology (if I may call it such) which is to divert all the force of impact away from the passenger at the price of a totally wrecked car? A healthy crash survivor can buy a new car in due time whereas a paralyzed owner may no longer have the ability to drive even if his car survived the crash.
    The crumple zone works when it hits a low vehicle. But if you see an Innova hitting a high vehicle (like a bus, truck or SUV), the crumple zone goes under and there is more force to the A-pillar instead. Same goes with Innovas that i have seen turn turtle, the A-pillar collapse is evident as well. Another car i often see turn-turtle on the expressways is the Monty Sport and i see the A-pillar or roof holds up pretty well from collapse.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* CVT. Signs of age indeed. Before i used to abhor Toyotas for being boring. After years of owning different brands, and paying for vehicle service, i now usually consider a Toyota first when we go on the market. It may not be as fun to drive or as character-filled as my Nissans, or my dad's old E36 but in a day and age where i just want my family to be comfortable, have ample power, and have less time to spend in servicing and maintaining a car... it's hard to not oversee what they offer.

Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    The crumple zone works when it hits a low vehicle. But if you see an Innova hitting a high vehicle (like a bus, truck or SUV), the crumple zone goes under and there is more force to the A-pillar instead. Same goes with Innovas that i have seen turn turtle, the A-pillar collapse is evident as well. Another car i often see turn-turtle on the expressways is the Monty Sport and i see the A-pillar or roof holds up pretty well from collapse.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456