New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by turboride View Post
    True and perfectly fine by me. At a young age, swerte ka to have all those cars in your profile. Which one do you actually own?
    All of it... And what does it have to do with the new Fort and Hi-lux? Stay on topic!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Just visited the event. Overall, it's an improvement from the previous model. Ride is better as well. Test drove earlier. I'm not that impressed with the dark interior accents though.

FYI: They started the test drive today. Rather than wait til tomorrow. There are M/T and A/T test drive units for the fortuner as well as other models (camry, vios etc._)

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    All of it... And what does it have to do with the new Fort and Hi-lux? Stay on topic!
    Relax ka lang tidus. A few ot threads wont hurt. We just want to know where youre coming from. Its perfectly fine if some of your cars are family owned. Until youre single and with your folks, you can say their all yours. Im sure a smart single guy like you would not go through the pains of maintaing multiple vehicles.

Besides, mamaya pa ko pupunta sa nbc tent to give my honest review.

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist983k View Post
    Just visited the event. Overall, it's an improvement from the previous model. Ride is better as well. Test drove earlier. I'm not that impressed with the dark interior accents though.

FYI: They started the test drive today. Rather than wait til tomorrow. There are M/T and A/T test drive units for the fortuner as well as other models (camry, vios etc._)
    sir, madami bang tao? Until what time open?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by turboride View Post
    sir, madami bang tao? Until what time open?
    I arrived 10am kanina, better go tom morning before it opens, medyo poblem ang parking kapag nahuli ka. Yup, marami tao. No idea what time it closes. hehe

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    Nya. Bukas pa. Was planning to go tonight. Thanks for the tip. Will just have dinner at Powerplant then see what happens.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Dagdag mo na din at least 5 speed AT.

The MS is still a better value for money proposition IMO. But not by much sa 4x4 range. 3.0 vs 2.5 eh. Kung yung 4m41 ng MS eh VGT with 5 AT sportronic na din, layo na ng comparison.
    i would still choose Sir Rye the 3.0-litre 1KD-FTV engine (which actually is just a detuned-version of the Prado's 1KD-FTV engine, but both are VGT-equipped anyway) over the 2.5-litre 4D56 VGT engine ANYTIME....

As regards to the 3.2-litre 4M41 VGT that is plugged onto Pajero's sold elsewhere in the world, it WON'T HAPPEN for the 3.2-litre Montysport since the short term-immediate plan of Mitsu Filipinas is to phase-out the 4M41 standard engine after every each of the remaining Montysport utilising this engine has been sold out.... and then the platform will be the 4D56 standard and the other with the VGT....
    ....Uunahin muna si Philippine-Pajero (wanker in Spanish ) sir na salpakan ito ng 4M41 with VGT than any Montysport....
    But then again sir, HALOS magka-specs lang pala ang 4M41 VGT at ang makina ng 2.2-litre Hyundai Santa Fe R-eVGT (200 ps at 440 Nm versus Fe's 197 ps and 435 Nm).... at di hamak na iiwanan ng 3.0-litre Hyundai Veracruz SUV ang 4M41 VGT hehe....

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hay~ The Japanese are lagging far behind nowadays. Yung pinaka complaint naman talaga with the Fortuner is the glaring lack of power in the 2.5L variant which is weaker than many non-CRDi late model SUVs and pickups. And also the lack of brake power. rear discs would've been nice, even if its just in the 3.0V variant.

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Hay~ The Japanese are lagging far behind nowadays. Yung pinaka complaint naman talaga with the Fortuner is the glaring lack of power in the 2.5L variant which is weaker than many non-CRDi late model SUVs and pickups. And also the lack of brake power. rear discs would've been nice, even if its just in the 3.0V variant.
    For an SUV, i wont argue with you. As a vehicle in general, i think ts still more powerful than vans and auvs and im not complaining about power so far.

Anyway, I test drove the new fort 2.5 and was really amazed at the significant improvement in ride comfort. Drove my fort in the same route and i felt the difference. Asked multiple SAs and most said that the change was only in the springs. One said they adjusted the angle of the shocks and one said that its partially due to the added seat cushions. Nevertheless, the ride was very good. Very car like to the point na nakakainis. Another thing i noticed was thay the exhauast pipe was .25 to .5 inches smaller in diameter. Measured it by folding paper. Nagtaka ako dito. Despite that, the engine felt less stressed. But then again, maybe its becuase my tires are under inflated to 28 psi.

All in all, if you are set on the fort its an okay buy. Not a unanimous decision against the current for because it looks less menacing and less formal. no improvement in power and still no gps hu. But the ride is really an improvement. Sana may way na maadapt yun sa current model.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    i would still choose Sir Rye the 3.0-litre 1KD-FTV engine (which actually is just a detuned-version of the Prado's 1KD-FTV engine, but both are VGT-equipped anyway) over the 2.5-litre 4D56 VGT engine ANYTIME....

As regards to the 3.2-litre 4M41 VGT that is plugged onto Pajero's sold elsewhere in the world, it WON'T HAPPEN for the 3.2-litre Montysport since the short term-immediate plan of Mitsu Filipinas is to phase-out the 4M41 standard engine after every each of the remaining Montysport utilising this engine has been sold out.... and then the platform will be the 4D56 standard and the other with the VGT....
    ....Uunahin muna si Philippine-Pajero (wanker in Spanish ) sir na salpakan ito ng 4M41 with VGT than any Montysport....
    But then again sir, HALOS magka-specs lang pala ang 4M41 VGT at ang makina ng 2.2-litre Hyundai Santa Fe R-eVGT (200 ps at 440 Nm versus Fe's 197 ps and 435 Nm).... at di hamak na iiwanan ng 3.0-litre Hyundai Veracruz SUV ang 4M41 VGT hehe....

V6 over 4cylinder? Wala yata comparison

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
2012 Fortuner and Hilux officially launched at NBC Tent