New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rattrapante View Post
    I think this is a problem for vehicles made for asian markets only, it takes forever for a completely new model to appear. Compared to other models and brands that are available in a larger global market, a new model appears at around 4 to 5 years.

Why won't they just make the 4Runner here?
    Quote Originally Posted by turboride View Post
    maybe its because of the 4runner why they did not introduce the fortuner in the US. conflicting. i have expats who admire the fortuner's design and are wondering why they are not sold in the americas.
    The IMV platform was not designed to conform to the USA's NHTSA standards, which is why its not sold there. Complying to these regulations is very costly. For example, the MKII Ford Focus, a car avaialble in all Europe,Asia (incl. Phil) and other parts of the world, was never made available to the US market bec. it was deemed too expensive to modify it to suit the US regulations.

There is no need to bring in the 4runner because the Prado 150 is already available locally. Both vehicles share the same platform and by bringing in both, unnecessary redundancies and competition will ensue

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    maganda ah!

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Pangit ng chin. MS is still sporty looking

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    A bigger intercooler may indicate an improved turbo. I'm expecting higher hp and torque ratings from this. Hoping for a late Q3 release from Toyota.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    parang more on another facelifted model.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006

Which will be the real head light? :coffee:

....My guess is the second pic coz usually the dim lights use the projector which is found on the outer part of the head light. It wouldnt look good naman if the dim lights would be located on the inner part of the head lights.

Im not feelin the tail lights,not a fan of taiwan made aftermarket altezza looking tail lights .. I prefer the ones on the second facelift.

Rumors has it that the engine will increase to 190HP

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    personally, i like the older design more.
    and, seems to me, they borrowed the current altis's headlights.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JPG111 View Post
    ....My guess is the second pic coz usually the dim lights use the projector which is found on the outer part of the head light. It wouldnt look good naman if the dim lights would be located on the inner part of the head lights.
    I have to agree with the looks of the projector on the outer part. Thing is though, they already did this with the current Prado, having the projector lamps nearer to the grill.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by noobskie View Post
    I have to agree with the looks of the projector on the outer part. Thing is though, they already did this with the current Prado, having the projector lamps nearer to the grill.
    Oh yeah i forgot the one on the current prado..My final guess now is the first picture

2012 Fortuner & Hilux grille

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Young headlamps niya reminds me of latest isuzu crosswind. Hehe.