New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Guys ask ko lang

May bibilhin akong unit. Isang 2007 red altis. 140k mileage worth 180k and a 2003 altis g blue 100k mileage worth 190k. Ano kaya mas ok sa dalawa? Should i base ba sa year model or mileage? Thanks sa sasagot.

Sent from my F3216 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpaulz18 View Post
    Guys ask ko lang

May bibilhin akong unit. Isang 2007 red altis. 140k mileage worth 180k and a 2003 altis g blue 100k mileage worth 190k. Ano kaya mas ok sa dalawa? Should i base ba sa year model or mileage? Thanks sa sasagot.

you should decide, based on the condition of the vehicle.
    other things being equal, of course a newer unit is prefered.
    i drive a 2003 altis, with 100K on the odometer. good provenance. and it is still a good, headache-free car.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 26th, 2017 at 12:43 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Yes. Mamaya titingnan ko ung red. Mas trip ko kasi un eh. And mas mura. Ill see kung ano issues.. Sana minor lang. . Hehe

4. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Ano po ba mga kailangan i-check sa ALTIS?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Out of the topic, natural lang ba sa innova na magemit ng smoke sa engine pag nakabukas ung nasa pic. please see pic na lang ,di ko alam tawag dun eh hehe.
    Last edited by kingpaulz18; September 26th, 2017 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Can add picture

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Walang pic na lumalabas sir. Ano yan? Sa engine ba yan?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Yes. Mamaya titingnan ko ung red. Mas trip ko kasi un eh. And mas mura. Ill see kung ano issues.. Sana minor lang. . Hehe

cheaper by 10K ?
    a brake job can easily wipe that out, and possibly, more.

what to look out for? at that age, just about everything. pay special attention to the little things.. the plastics.. the buttons.. sometimes, these can be more difficult to fix than the engine or the metal.
    but, to me, the most important, is ownership. be sure documentation is complete and authentic. check with LTO, if it smells suspicious even a wee bit.
    a car can be sold several times, and still remain legally-CR-wise, still owned by the original owner. medyo hassle ang transfer of ownership to the last buyer. that is why, i prefer buying a car whose seller's name is on the CR.

good luck. and enjoy.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 26th, 2017 at 01:44 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Yes. Ill check all the documents. I have also checked the vehicle via lto. Ung magtetext lang. Newly registered ang vehicle as of august 21. Magkano po kaya palift nun sa gas stations. Plano ko sana dalhin sa gas station para masilip underchassis

9. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Guys ask ko lang

I agree with all previous replies, to emphasize...

Papers 1st, I wouldn't buy a car this old if the seller is not the registered person on the CR

2nd, the plastics, the center plastic bezel of this car is > $200

3rd, the mileage difference is only 40k, the 2007 will be a better option of everything else is equal... Orig paint, solid engine, no kalampag, pristine interior, etc.

Be sure also that you know how to check vs odometer tampering. This will bring you back to the importance of things that you can easy repair, cars this age will definitely have issues. Like, I will prefer all orig paint vs repainted cars... Or kalampag over engine issues

Chose the lesser evils. Clean papers 1st.

These 2 cars are priced sooooo cheap, at the level of too-good-to-be-true.

Good luck

Altis 2007 G AT owner here

10. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Thanks po sa reply sir. As of now. Di pa ko kinokontak nung red 2007.. Kinancel niya meetup kahapon. Natauhan yata haha. Ill try to post the image here. Di kasi ako makaattach eh. Ilink ko nlng.

Coming from an altis owner po like you. Very thankful po ako sa inputs mo sir. Ill check the units more and search further. Lately lang din kasi ako nagkainteres sa altis.

Sa ngayon. Parang mas gusto ko na magtarget ng 2007 models. Marami akong nakikita na 220k lang price.

Halos same price lang ng 2003. Maybe kaya mahal ung 2003 na nakita ko kasi top of the line siya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast