New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm officially canceling my Fortuner reservation sometime this week. The wait is too long for me. (And it might not be worth it)

Anyways, what are your opinions regarding this specific car (2005 Camry 2.4E)? Both good and bad criticisms are welcome.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    plush ride, looks good, daddy image. reliable.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    looks good, both inside and out. some say comfy ride. ang down side lang, pang daddy nga ang looks. sugar daddy. hehe. but who cares.

given the chance, i'll get one to back up my Galant.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good looks nice interior and very reliable car.....I dont mind it being a daddy car....eh talaga namang daddy na ako eh.....hehehehe

did I mention the ride is excellent?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    ayus na ayus yan :D sa mga models ngayon if we could compare cefiro galant and camry
    camry ang pinakamaganda

downside is parang ang mahal you can already get an suv with that price
    1.6 m ata yan if hindi ako nagkakamali

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A bit pricey (P1.325M) if you compare it with the Honda Accord VTI 2.4L (P1.2M).

I just couldn't stand those huge tail lights. The USDM version doesn't have lights on the trunk portion (which looks a LOT better).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    some say the shifting daw is rather noisy..i've read it somewhere lang. i dont mind the daddy image even if im not a daddy...hahaha p*mp daddy! change the rims to a nicer one..ayos ka na!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    A bit pricey (P1.325M) if you compare it with the Honda Accord VTI 2.4L (P1.2M).

I just couldn't stand those huge tail lights. The USDM version doesn't have lights on the trunk portion (which looks a LOT better).

my wife drives one (i drive it too sometimes) like the one pictured above and we love the camry . the downside is the "numb" ride but most people like the cushy,soft ride anyway. here though, the camry doesn't have that "daddy" image ya'll are talking about, it's just one of those everyday cars. i've never tried the 2.4 cuz we have the 3.3L V6 SE model ,but i'm sure it'll be a great car and a good car.
    Last edited by sikuya; June 2nd, 2005 at 11:02 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Upside: Nice ride, very roomy, Toyota reliability
    Downside: Lacks a gear compared to the Accord, feather-light steering, no sports car feeling

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Camry is a good car no doubt. The Fortuner, being an SUV, will hold it's value longer though.

If it's you who's doing the driving, you might want to check out the Accord 2.4L as well. This is claimed to be a better "drivers" car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
2005 Camry 2.4E