New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is the headlight and socket of the Corolla AE111 heat resistant enough NOT to melt if I upgrade my headlight bulbs to 90/100 watt bulbs?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the possibility of it being cooked is always greater with higher wattaged bulb....but we have done several upgrades sa wattage without damaging the sockets....

better get cermaic sockets just to be sure...wala nga lang kaming ganun sa shop...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll probably get ceramic sockets... but the headlight housing does get pretty hot even with the stock wattage. Since its made of plastic, I'm concerned it might start to melt if I install 100 watt bulbs.

has anyone tried upgrading without melting the headlight assembly?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I did, I used to have the Flosser brand 120/100 bulb. The sockets didn't melt the whole time I used it. Just when I was going to sell the vehicle and remove the bulbs, it broke off into pieces. Probably beacuse of the heat build up after a couple of years matched with higher wattage bulb.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hey, ano na nangyari sa platic lenses mo? nangitim ba?

how much would it cost to replace higher wattage bulbs, ceramic sockets, relay wirings plus labor? estimate lang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had my wirings upgrade sa may P.Tuazon, sorry forgot the name pero maliit lang na shop/house ito pero may sign sa labas, if you are coming from n.domingo nasa right side siya after Benitez st. just before reaching chrome dazzler. Labor costs 280only for both headlights of my pajero.
    Punta ka munsa doon susukatan niya and tell u the things u need to buy. So far ok naman sa akin almost 6 months na and solder gamit niya pagkabit ng wires.
    At first hesitant ako pagawa dahil very small shop lang ito, recommend ng bayaw ko sa akin and tested na daw nila sa lahat ng cars nila, and nung nagpagawa ako may kasabay ako pampanga offroader siya jeep ang dala.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so guys... the plastic headlight will not get damaged from the 100watt bulbs?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ghost..i cant guarantee you...pero in a year..for sure...you have to clean your headlights coz it will be dark by then....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It wont get damaged... We did this with our AE111 LE model early this year and so far so good. I plan to change to ceramic sockets sometime next year though.

Its the Nissans that need new sockets as soon as you change the bulbs... The Toyota sockets are more durable to the heat.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mukhang hassle kapag every year ka nman mag linis nang plastic lenses just becoz u upgraded to higher wattage.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
100 watt headlight upgrade for 97-00 Corolla AE111