New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi Guys...hope you can help me. About a week ago our hilux started having this weird whistling sound unlike the one you can normally hear from the turbo. We decided to have it checked sa casa and after opening and doing the usual checks sa turbo, the casa said that the turbo assembly will have to be replaced..all for a low price of 110k!!

Are there surplus parts for my models turbo? We cant afford to shell out 110k just to have the turbo replaced. Its almost a big chunk out of the cars entire value.

Tia!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsev View Post
    Hi Guys...hope you can help me. About a week ago our hilux started having this weird whistling sound unlike the one you can normally hear from the turbo. We decided to have it checked sa casa and after opening and doing the usual checks sa turbo, the casa said that the turbo assembly will have to be replaced..all for a low price of 110k!!

Are there surplus parts for my models turbo? We cant afford to shell out 110k just to have the turbo replaced. Its almost a big chunk out of the cars entire value.

Tia!
    Try to have the turbo rebuilt outside. Costs a fraction of the amount.

There are a number of shops that do this:

Goldstar Turbocharger & Diesel services

HP-Racing, at Sto. Domingo, QC. (3841005/4319240 and 09175266973)

And Precision Turbo Rebuilding... that's somewhere near Papemelroti in the Scout area (between Timog and T.Morato).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the lead sir niky. Btw, would you have any idea how much it would cost? Im from Bacolod and I would gladly RoRo to Manila if its even half of what toyota bacolod quoted us.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsev View Post
    Thanks for the lead sir niky. Btw, would you have any idea how much it would cost? Im from Bacolod and I would gladly RoRo to Manila if its even half of what toyota bacolod quoted us.
    From what I know, it's around 15-30k pesos. You'd best look up the shops in a phone directory and call them first before you play your trip. And it will take a while, so that'll be two trips, likely.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

'05 hilux turbo problem