New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Let me add another story:

I went to Filinvest East (Antipolo) and stayed overnight at a friend's house. Around 7am the next morning, hopped into a cab to NAIA3 as we have a flight to catch.

The trip was about two hours because of the horrible traffic along C5 southbound, to which the taxi driver said was normal for the morning rush hour.

Meter was around +/- Php380 but because of the driver's patience and smooth driving, my friend paid the driver Php800, which according to my friend is just right for a taxicab driver doing his job very well.

Kudos!!

(I forgot to get the name/plate of the cab. sorry. blame the hangover.)

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    ako... i took a taxi cab and arrived at my dads place... then he suddenly said "okey na sir, kilala ko sir tatay mo... laki utang na loob ko sa kanya...." pinagbuksan pa ako ng pinto... hekhek

another story:
    in a taxi with my ex at the rear seats... we blocked the space between the front seat with her bag...
    lets just say her head went missing

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I once rode a taxi (POLANNE) from the airport. I had to immediately attend to some business and left my bag containing an expensive camera, money and files. Buti na lang the village guard noted the make and name of the cab. I got the number online and got my stuff the next day at their garage in caloocan. Walang nawala.

Kudos to these guys! I'm sure maraming stories na ganito na hindi nalalagay sa media.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Ito last December 16 2011. I was from Somerset Millennium Plaza in Makati and I walked pa sa isang street then a cab saw me. Tas dahil mabait siya (nagusap pa kami along the way), pag dating sa Bonifacio High Street (dun ako bumaba), ang basa sa metro is P120 pero i gave him P150, tutal pasko naman din.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^ kala ko binigay mo P200.......

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    while just descending from alabang flyover, the cable clip of my ride snapped so I have to pull-over at the left side, which is quite a tight spot and unsafe place to be, especially so I have my family with me. I was feeling helpless at that time cause I don't know how I can fix the car without me leaving them to buy the lost clip. Just then a taxi cab stopped and the driver alighted to hand me an 'alambre.' After I thanked him profusely, he just smiled and went back to his cab and drove off. I wasn't even able to get his name and the plate number of the cab. Luckily, I was able to apply a quick-fix through the alambre. Mabuhay ka Mr. cab driver for being an angel of the highway. Until now, I have with me the alambre as souvenir...12 years ago which I remember was an "Easter"

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    ^ na touch ako dun ah

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Let me share my story too. Last July, 2011 I went to Naga City to visit my brother. Before going to Naga, I passed Legaspi City and left my pistol to be fixed by my gunsmith friend. While, I'm in Naga, he called me that he finished fixing my gun. So, I left Naga City at about 1 PM and arrived to Legaspi City at about 3 PM, riding in a passenger van. Then, we test fired my gun in a firing range, so, I left Legaspi City going back to Naga at about 5 PM with the same means of transportation.

When I reached SM Naga City at about 7:30 PM, I called my brother that I will just go to his house in a subd., asked his exact address, and rode a taxicab. I was already tired and hungry during that time, but my brother told me to eat dinner with him and our parents at their house, so, I did not bother to eat in a fastfood/restaurant in SM Naga because he said they will wait for me for dinner.

While riding in a taxicab, I was curious of the new taxi unit, so, I kept on talking with the driver. He was driving a Hyundai accent diesel. I was amazed by its FC, and I told myself that I might take a look at this car model if I would purchase a new car. When I reached my brother's house, I immediately alighted, paid the driver with P 100 and told him to keep the change as my meter reads about P85 - P90. When I got inside the house, it is only then that I realized that I left some of my belongings in the taxi, it was really embarrassing to myself and to my brother because that was the first time that i left something in a taxi. my brother just smiled and said "you are just tired and you are already used leaving some of your belongings in your car". But I said that maybe we can trace the taxi because the guards in SM and in my bros.' subdivision recorded the plate no. of the taxi. So, I and my brother went to the guard house of his subd. and asked for the plate no. of the taxi, and my bro. go to SM Naga City and requested the guard to call the driver. He just left his no. to the guard and instructed him to contact him if the driver return my belongings.

The following day, the SM guard contacted my bro. that my things were returned by the taxi driver, so, we went to SM and claim the same. I was impressed not only by the taxicab's honesty but also by the SM and the subd.'s precautionary and security measures.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    let me start with a bad experience.

took a cab from eastwood to ortigas.

driver: saan ser?
    karding: sa ortigas, behind galleria
    driver: hmmmm, cge ser kayo na bahala, di ko na ibaba metro
    karding: ok

bwiset ako sa mga driver na ganito. so, when we got to my destinatin, meter was PhP80..gave him PhP100

now, this is my much better cab experience. same destination, different day. (approx 10am)

driver: morning, ser! saan po tayo? (sounds enthusiastic and genuine greeting) *driver put the A/C on full-blast*
    karding: sa galleria bro, sa likod mo ako ibaba. saka wag mo na lakasan A/C mo, sayang gas.
    driver: ok ser, salamat po.
    karding: musta pasada mo?
    driver: medyo matumal ser
    karding: baka mahina sa una dahil kalalabas mo pa lang?
    driver: di ser, 12hrs na kong pumapasada
    karding: magkano ba boundary mo?
    driver: 800 ser boundary (as far as I can remember, this is what he told me)

15-mins ride lang yata, and our conversation went on. we talked about how other cab drivers behave on the street etc. the good thing about this driver, he did NOT EXPECT anything in return, just having a normal conversation..unlike the first one.

arrived at the destination, bill was the same as the first one yata, PhP80+.

karding: eto bayad bro, sayo na yan...konti na lang boundary ka na. (I handed him PhP500) the smile and gratitude from him was priceless.

during my 3-month deployment in Pinas, I found out na may mababait pang tao sa Pinas...from balut vendors to cab drivers. and when I encountered them, they get rewarded.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    certainly true.... me mababait pa rin na taxi drivers, etc... sa Pilipinas...

Everytime I go home.... most of the time eh nagta-taxi lang ako papuntang Makati... and after a tiring day of work, naaalis and pagod at pagkainis sa traffic kapag me mga driver na mabait at matino... I alway gave them a good tip...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Taxicab Experience That Made You Smile