New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Unfortunately, we can't do anything but purchase from smaller players.

There's this part of our constitution regarding illegal enrichment at the expense of others. I'm not sure if the public can use that against the three. Logically, we should be able to but given the justice system here (where 99.9% of members are for sale), we have little chance. I'm not sure however if the presidential aspirants would be willing to go against them though (i'm sure they'll be slapped with hundreds of millions of campaign funds just to stop).

What I don't understand is, ang retail ng Highest grade gasoline sa Saudi Arabia is only ±5 pesos per liter (diesel is about 3). Bakit pag dating dito sobrang laki na. Of course, understandable ang freight and taxes, but still. 5 is to 50?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    im sorry pero ive been reading threads about the oil companies and i just cant understand why people dont see it as simple as it can be... kung ayaw sa big 3, edi wag magpagas dun. sabi sa closed thread nang isang poster, what if maubusan ka ng gas and only the big 3 gas stations are nearest you? would you still boycott them and NOT buy their product? i highly doubt it. nakalimutan ko na kung sino ngpost pero it makes a lot of sense di ba???

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Horsepower:
    What I don't understand is, ang retail ng Highest grade gasoline sa Saudi Arabia is only ±5 pesos per liter (diesel is about 3). Bakit pag dating dito sobrang laki na. Of course, understandable ang freight and taxes, but still. 5 is to 50?
    Fuel subsidy.

How can one compare the Philippines to Saudi Arabia?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Well... how much are Philippine mangoes in Saudi Arabia?

There's oil literally coming out of the ground there. They're not going to charge an arm and a leg for gasoline.

Note that the countries with the lowest gasoline prices have the biggest fuel reserves... the USA, Saudi Arabia, etcetera... while other countries, with no reserves (well, some, even with reserves... note the UK) are paying more than us.

And archie brings up a very interesting point... which people seem to ignore every time they open up another one of these threads...

If, like the leftists are saying, the Big Three are over-pricing by seven to ten pesos... why are the small players only pricing themselves 2 pesos lower?

Why is Unioil (again), not charging much lower than that? With all their tax problems, they should want a bigger share of the pie to pay off their taxes... if they could still making the industry standard 10% profit at under 40 pesos... why not do that and take over the entire market?

It's simple math, right? Why not just leg on down to the nearest transport cooperative gas station and see what price they're selling at, for some perspective. Since they only sell to PUVs, they should be selling at a very low margin. Let us know what you find.

And, shame, jpdm. Ilang taon ka na dito, and you're still accusing other members, who you've been seeing online for the past few years, of being puppets of this or that (evil multinational/corporation/whatever), whenever they disagree with you, whoever they are. EVERYONE. Frankly, it's getting tiresome.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    walang masama ang kumita ng pera, ang masama eh masyado ng gahaman ang mga oil companies.

naaalala ko kwento ng friend ko na bumibili ng diesel na wholesale price para sa business nila. sa labas daw bentahan nun 49 - 50 a liter tas ang bili nila sa wholesale price is 42 a liter, minimum of 14000 liters daw dapat ang bilihin. kahit na sabihin natin na wholesale kasi yun kaya mababa, ang layo parin ng diperensya. eh imposible naman siguro na tumubo lang ng 1 or 2 peso a liter ang oil companies pag wholesale ang bilihan. mataas pa presyo nun ng oil sa world market.

kaya my point is oil companies should moderate their greed. tumulong naman sila kahit papano sa mga tao. anu ba naman yun konting sakripisyo para sa pang karaniwan "juan dela cruz". hindi naman buong pagnenegosyo nila magsasakripisyo sila eh.

just my 2 cent

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    think again........

lumang tugtugin nga pero totoo naman. kaya hindi nagsasara big 3 because they are still profitable. napansin mo, dati, president na nakikiusap sa kanila pero hindi pa rin baba yung prices kasi hindi talaga kaya. yun na yun.

malamang... 90% nga market share nila eh...

by making their oil price so much lower na alam naman natin hindi nga kaya.

simple lang yan... marketing WILL give you the market share. kaya lang naman hindi advertise small players kasi sa sobrang cost cutting nila. cutting oil prices is their way of getting customers.

even if they are the market leaders, kailangan nila marketing to simply have the market share. petron and caltex advertises to have cleaner fuel, shell says they have the best fuel mileage... dun pa lang makikita mo na gusto nila to get the market share.
    In short di sila lugi.

They can afford a roll back.

For us consumers.

without injuring themselves.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    In short di sila lugi.

They can afford a roll back.

For us consumers.

without injuring themselves.
    hayyyyyy you really dont get it, marketing is where they get most of their market share... kung tangalin nila yun... they will be acting as a monopoly which is not true. oligopoly states that there are a FEW sellers and in conclusion still fighting for market share. its a simple business tactic.

ayaw ko na... there is no point arguing with you...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Heh, ako nga, wishing pa rin na bumalik sa <30 per liter ang diesel.

It's probably one of those (oil) pipe dreams anyway, pero libre naman ang mangarap eh.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Uyyyy, tama na yan….sabi sa news kanina as low as 7 pesos pa pwede ibaba this november.

Ang sakin lang if they can immediately raise the price within hours pag tumaas sa merkado. Okay, walang kaso dun. Pero sana pag bumaba naman sana ganun din sila kabilis magbaba. E hindi e dami nila alibi putres!

May asosasyon yang mga oil companies na yan -big or small players, lahat sila. they are all professionals so hindi nila gagawin yung magbababa ang isa ng todo. Pare parehas silang mawawalan in the end. Kuntsa kuntsaba lang yan in other words.

Kahit saan may kuntsabahan. Pag nagbaba yung isa ng todo baka makuyog siya ng iba.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Even after all this discussion, I think that there is almost 0% chance that the Big 3 will listen...kumapal na talaga ang mga balat nila sa ka-swapangan,eh....
    all we, the consumers, can do is

1. to patronize the small players as much as we can(although they also belong to the
    greedy group...lesser of two evil na lang ang piliin)
    2. try to save on fuel consumption
    3. have an lpg conversion

A number of protests(online, street, print ads) were already done against the oil companies but sad to say, alam nilang kailangan pa ring bumili ng product nila ang mga tao kaya they just ignore all these....

Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Then you still wonder why the mods locked your thread...
    can't you comment something about the topic for a change?and not about the poster?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Protest against Petroleum Companies