New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by heightdeprived View Post
    I hope CSC's gonna implement the same program for red-plates being used as private transport, like what's the official business of a Revo in the Arrival ramp of NAIA on a sunday morning?
    I agree with the first part of your statement in that government vehicles should not be used for private functions of gov't officials. However, the context of whether or not such vehicles are being used in this fashion should not be based on what particular day one saw the said vehicle but on where they saw the vehicle and what other prevailing conditions of the incident should point to a misuse of the vehicle.

In the case you mentioned above, I have to give the benefit of the doubt to the Revo in question. The airport is not a leisure place. Even if one were on an official trip you still need to pass by the same airport to enter/exit the country.

You see, a parent of mine is a government official and it is not uncommon in my parent's function as a gov't official that my parent is sent on an official trip in the stead of a higher ranking official. It is also not unusual for the arrival from such official function to occur on a Sunday morning. Anyway, whenever the drivers of their govt vehicles operate the vehicle out of the govt compound, they must have a form signed as to where they are going and what time they left and arrived back at the compound, so, at least, that can be checked.

However, if you see such vehicles parked for some time at malls or night clubs, then that is definitely another matter altogether.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by heightdeprived View Post
    I hope CSC's gonna implement the same program for red-plates being used as private transport, like what's the official business of a Revo in the Arrival ramp of NAIA on a sunday morning?
    Officials can't return/arrive on a weekend?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pwede din kayang ireport dito iyong mga pulis at sundalo na gumagamit ng skyway tapos naka motor na maliit tapos hindi nagbabayad?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Wag naman tayong mainit sa red-plates. Remember, it is for official use ----- also :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
PNP campaign vs sirens and kotong cops