New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sa sobrang tipid sa gas, ayaw gumamit ng brake, nakita na naka signal ka lalo pa niya bibilisan para abutin ka......oh fuel efficient nga naman siya

Sa sobrang tipid sa gas, yellow na ang traffic light, tuloy pa rin kasi sayang ang gas

Sa pedestrians na tatawid sa lane, here comes the efficient driver, lalong bibilisan para di maka tawid ang tao.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    I agree pero dapat nasa lugar ang pagtitipid nila. Mag tipid pero don't be a nuisance to the other motorist sharing the street with you. I also save on fuel but I don't hug the fast lane doing 40kph.
    dami ngang ganito, I do think hindi nila alam na passing lane yung inner lane. kala nila yun yung slow lane.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I think pinoy drivers also are the most defensive in the world given that we have the most stupid/a**hole puv drivers..

so basta driving, pinoy na ang best or worst jan..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by akosiempoy View Post
    I think pinoy drivers also are the most defensive in the world given that we have the most stupid/a**hole puv drivers..

so basta driving, pinoy na ang best or worst jan..
    agree ako dito, makikita mong mag-swerve sila mabilis din sa kidlat ang pag-iwas mo sa kanila. parang may mental telepathy nga ang mga pinoy.

bakit ba hindi nalang kasi mag-stay sa lane ang mga sasakyan for example sa highway?! oh wait, kasi nga pala yung iba ang bagal magpatakbo kahit nasa fast lane!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    I own 1 of the most fuel efficient cars, a .8L car, tapos nagtataka lang ako bakit may mga kaparehas lang ako nang figures sa fuel efficiency na mga 1.3-1.5 cars ranging 11-13km/l in city driving. (my car is properly maintained)

then habang nasa daan, saw this jazz at a WTF cruising speed of 40kph samantalang napakaluwag sa harap (you can do around 60-80kph). later on, saw a vios doing around 30kph lang yata. pati innova may nakita akong ganito magmaneho eh napakaluwag nang kalsada. 1 example kunwari yung sa Hemady street, you can do 60-80kph here without compromising safety naman.

eh naisip ko, anak nang tokwa, eh kaya naman pala kaparehas ko lang nang figures nang fuel efficiency eh kung magpatakbo eh parang mga tricycles. wala po akong inaaway, pero kung ganun kabagal magmaneho, you are also imposing danger sa ibang tao. kaya sa ibang bansa may Minimum Speed Limit, but again hindi naman tayo katulad nila.
    alam mo ba kung anong gear gamit nila habang tumatakbo ng ganung "kabagal". kasi kung hinde, paano mo naman na-assume na yung pagdrive ng mabagal rason ng mataas ng fuel mileage nila.

pwede kasi mabagal sila pero na lower gear naman revving higher than needed. that doesnt translate to better fuel efficiency.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    alam mo ba kung anong gear gamit nila habang tumatakbo ng ganung "kabagal". kasi kung hinde, paano mo naman na-assume na yung pagdrive ng mabagal rason ng mataas ng fuel mileage nila.

pwede kasi mabagal sila pero na lower gear naman revving higher than needed. that doesnt translate to better fuel efficiency.
    what are you flaming about?

I don't know but their cars might be 80% chance to be an A/T, parang feeling ko nga minsan, mga jeep nalang ang kasabay kong gumagamit nang manual tranny. but let us say na M/T pala iyon, obvious naman sir yung sinasabi mo, malamang sa malamang nasa tamang gearing iyon, kasi kung tamad siyang mag-shift sana sa primera nalang siya nag stuck.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post

if you are just pointing out that driving in a slow pace is not just for fuel efficiency, then what? road trip on a busy weekday?? anyway, high rpm obviously has lower gas mileage.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    what are you flaming about?

I don't know but their cars might be 80% chance to be an A/T, parang feeling ko nga minsan, mga jeep nalang ang kasabay kong gumagamit nang manual tranny. but let us say na M/T pala iyon, obvious naman sir yung sinasabi mo, malamang sa malamang nasa tamang gearing iyon, kasi kung tamad siyang mag-shift sana sa primera nalang siya nag stuck.
    I am not flaming anything. Your statements just doesnt add up due to lack of a facts and have more of assumptions just like the last part of your statement.

How can you say that slow the car is running in the right gear considering his speed?

And is it possible the some drivers run at 1st gear up to 30 or 40 kph?

my point is you cannot make conclusions on fuel efficiency of a car based how fast or slow it is running. there are many many other factors to consider.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    i would agree with 4dboys here, p_borj.. not to flame but im sure yung mga nakasabay mo na running less than 40kph is not the one's having 11-13km per liter. hindi lang yung displacement ng makina mo ang magcocontribute sa fuel efficiency mo...

i am driving a civic with 1.7 engine but i also hit 11km per liter sa city driving, well from time to time lang naman.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    Di ako nagugulat, slow vehicles on the fast lane, counterflowing to save a few meter (not kilometers) drive, making a turn, be it left, right or U, and slowly accelerating not thinking how fast the flow of traffic is. Ganito kasi mag drive ang mga pinoy, they drive slow tapos pag dadaanan mo to pass, say on the left side, lilipat sila ng lane to the left kung saan libre tapos they drive at their own pace 40-50kph. Drivers of trucks, transport (fx, taxi, jeepneys), private cars and most of all motorcycle riders do this.
    These are the factors why,
    lack of driving education and ethics ; UNder the table passers due to LTO employees corruptions; and medyo takot due to abundance of reckless drivers

The problem is that motorist are not aware due to lack of research and education in road courtesy and rules. I mean I got my license and din't know that the left most lanes in highways are for fast driving and passing cars only till I did my research after. Lets face it, not all people do research and only the few and the wise and considerate ones does.. That's why there are so few rich people and a lot of poor people.. Its probably due to that.

Quote Originally Posted by akosiempoy View Post
    its because of the gas cost. kaya you will always see a thread/topic/discussion on how much km/liter consumption.. i doubt that it would matter if we are also an oil producing country
    It will since they , the country, have to increase prices too but nonetheless its cheaper compared to non oil producing countries..

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Ayos iyan bro.,- like they also put it at neutral gear (angel gear) and just coast along the road at every opportunity....

They call it angel gear now?? lol

Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    Sa sobrang tipid sa gas, ayaw gumamit ng brake, nakita na naka signal ka lalo pa niya bibilisan para abutin ka......oh fuel efficient nga naman siya

Sa sobrang tipid sa gas, yellow na ang traffic light, tuloy pa rin kasi sayang ang gas

Sa pedestrians na tatawid sa lane, here comes the efficient driver, lalong bibilisan para di maka tawid ang tao.
    If you look at traffic rules, violation nga yan mga ayaw mag yield.. Pero mga traffic enforcers may pag ka bobo.. Kaya laganap.

If they only studied and put to heart the traffic rules and ethics - they don't need to do kotong or randomly pick cars - they will get more than a year full of traffic violation cases eventhough its minor.. It is an added revenue income that could sustain them for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by flakez View Post
    dami ngang ganito, I do think hindi nila alam na passing lane yung inner lane. kala nila yun yung slow lane.
    Yes they don't. Another factor is maybe they are being cautious, like me, for sudden motorist braking or what not and or following the "3 second rule" where they position themselves 3-5 meters away from the car in front of them to have a secure braking distance unlike those tailgaters who are just 3 feet away from my rear..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Pinoy Drivers amongst the most fuel efficient [Businessworld]