New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Pinoy drivers were featured in business world as being one of the most fuel effiecient drivers

Pinoy drivers found among the most fuel efficient

Cliffs
    - philippines tops malaysia and thailand for being most fuel efficient drivers
    - we are the best at fuel saving techniques
    - we are know to be smart and frugal

I think tsikot.com had a major contribution in teaching pinoys fuel saving tips hehe.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    really?? di siguro nag interview ng mga PUJ/PUB drivers ang paper. tagal nilang tumatambay sa terminals habang naghihintay ng pasahero tapos grabe pa humarurot mga to. hehe

dala na rin siguro ng kahirapan kaya 'fuel efficient' ang mga pinoy. sana naman yung 'fuel efficient' strategies na ginagamit ay hindi naman nakakadelikado ng buhay like truck/jeepney drivers not engine braking when descending hills/mountains.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    They forgot to mention na di lang fuel efficient pinoy drivers (particularly the PUJ drivers) but matipid din sa kuryente. Imagine, gabi na di pa gumagamit ng ilaw! How efficient can they get!

ooops, sorry, Thumbs Up HQ pala ito.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    cost conscious kasi mga pinoy

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dahil sa Khaos daw. :D

I agree with Coiter though. Another side of the coin is that we're really forced to conserve fuel because of belt tightening and budget constraints.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di ako nagugulat, slow vehicles on the fast lane, counterflowing to save a few meter (not kilometers) drive, making a turn, be it left, right or U, and slowly accelerating not thinking how fast the flow of traffic is. Ganito kasi mag drive ang mga pinoy, they drive slow tapos pag dadaanan mo to pass, say on the left side, lilipat sila ng lane to the left kung saan libre tapos they drive at their own pace 40-50kph. Drivers of trucks, transport (fx, taxi, jeepneys), private cars and most of all motorcycle riders do this.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    besides sa khaos, ang dami pa fuel additives na binebenta to save on fuel... sana lang huwag tayo magtipid sa pagmaintain ng mga kotse natin... lalo sa mga simpleng bulbs ng taillight at headlight.hehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I somehow doubt that article, based on my experiences on the road of seeing idiots still accelerating too quickly despite seeing a very obvious red signal up ahead and only to brake at the last minute to stop, instead of just keeping your foot off the gas, letting the car just coast along and braking smoothly.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    its because of the gas cost. kaya you will always see a thread/topic/discussion on how much km/liter consumption.. i doubt that it would matter if we are also an oil producing country

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree pero dapat nasa lugar ang pagtitipid nila. Mag tipid pero don't be a nuisance to the other motorist sharing the street with you. I also save on fuel but I don't hug the fast lane doing 40kph.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Pinoy Drivers amongst the most fuel efficient [Businessworld]