New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    *cons_fy,

Chief, not to be rude, pero are you implying na mas gusto niyo yung mga [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]motor[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    na biglaan na lang sisingit sa gilid mo at ika-cut ka? Because from how I see it, that's how much they are "on their way." And the only way I see his driving affecting our traffic in the metro is that there will be lesser accidents caused by reckless drivers (yeah, not only MC Drivers, but all reckless drivers) as they'd abide by their own right to stay in one lane, occupy one lane, and avoid driving recklessly. This goes a lot better for MC drivers for IMO, their risk of sliding on wet asphalt due to their reckless cuts and colliding with vehicles due to red-light beating will be lessened if they [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]learn [COLOR=blue ! important]to [/COLOR][COLOR=blue ! important]drive[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
    defensively like this MC driver. Unless you're implying that we should "filter" these drivers away from the streets and only allow the reckless ones to prevail?
    Sir Kindly read my post thoroughly before you reply. The last part of my post says

ang akin lang, filter with care, and wag na lang ipilit kung di kaya, pero kung kaya and its safe, why not di ba?

I emphasized "with care".. which part of my post says i'd rather have reckless riders on the street?
    you don't feel the effect of what he did because he is only 1 rider, imagine if there where hundreds of them lined up, (just like what you think an ideal rider should be)..

Unless you're implying that we should "filter" these drivers away from the streets and only allow the reckless ones to prevail?
    Pls understand how i used the word filter before you draw any conclusions..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post
    Well, new or not, the act he did, being an MC rider is still commendable. It will be better if he keeps it, and saddening if he loses it, but either way - I was pretty proud when I saw it. Sobrang bihira kasi akong makakita talaga ng ganun. (happy)
    Agree. Just because everyone does something doesn't mean it's right or proper to do it. The rider was commendable. I don't mind having slow riders anywhere, and I'd rather share the road with them than fast riders who overtake with no concern for other road users and zero understanding of motorcycle (shall we say moped?) stability. Heck, not even a Ducati is crash-proof. Paano pa kaya yung maliliit na motor?

Having a new motorcycle can't be immediately equated to a beginner-level rider. And if the rider was a beginner, he/she is even more commendable as he/she understands the rules of the road more than anyone else, even more than the experienced ones. If all riders were like him/her, we won't probably hear motorcycle-related accidents everyday on the news.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cons_fy View Post
    Sir Kindly read my post thoroughly before you reply. The last part of my post says

[/B]I emphasized "with care".. which part of my post says i'd rather have reckless riders on the street?
    you don't feel the effect of what he did because he is only 1 rider, imagine if there where hundreds of them lined up, (just like what you think an ideal rider should be)..

Pls understand how i used the word filter before you draw any conclusions..
    Yes, I believe I did understand what you meant, hence I was able to ask with my reply. As for which part of your post did you say you'd rather have reckless riders on the street Sir, I believe this is it:

i really wouldn't wish na gayahin sya ng lahat ng riders. Imagine kung lahat sila ganyan, ano na lang mangyayari sa traffic sa metro manila?
    It may be implicitly said, but when you said "kung lahat sila ganyan", I think I'm pretty much correct to understand that what you meant was "kung lahat sila eh nai-stick sa lane nila, naantay for their turn, well-following the rules of the road and shares his rights as a motorists with respect for his fellow motorists" or something of the same essence. Yes, indeed he may just be one rider, but I don't need to actually see hundreds of them all doing the same thing he did that day for me to see the effect - and I see something positive for a change. Imagine motorists all having that sense of respect with each other here in the country rather than overpowering others through their wang-wangs, cut-skills, and what have you - no jammed intersections, no non-passable lanes due to collissions and the like.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Agree. Just because everyone does something doesn't mean it's right or proper to do it. The rider was commendable. I don't mind having slow riders anywhere, and I'd rather share the road with them than fast riders who overtake with no concern for other road users and zero understanding of motorcycle (shall we say moped?) stability. Heck, not even a Ducati is crash-proof. Paano pa kaya yung maliliit na motor?

Having a new motorcycle can't be immediately equated to a beginner-level rider. And if the rider was a beginner, he/she is even more commendable as he/she understands the rules of the road more than anyone else, even more than the experienced ones. If all riders were like him/her, we won't probably hear motorcycle-related accidents everyday on the news.
    Very true, it's up to the driver naman when he improves his skill in driving as to whether or not he'll retain the concept of defensive-driving or go as he pleases like everyone else is. It even comes more as a shame to the experienced ones if he is indeed a beginner, because that beginner knows one thing that the "pros" may have lost or never learned at all - EDUCATED DRIVING. Let's just hope that he won't be like those "pros" if he indeed increases his road experience and skills.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i don't think he should be commended. he did what he was supposed to do. that's it. why should be be commended? if so, then we should also post the plate #s of all 4-wheeled vehicle drivers who don't counterflow and obey traffic rules.

we commend people who did something MORE than what they were expected to do, not because they did the right thing while everybody else was on the dark side of the force.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    if you're going to allow motorcycle riders to remain within the proper lanes, what do you think will happen? i think it will result to more traffic congestion. the logic behind easing traffic congestion is to eliminate the number of vehicles within a certain road as much as possible. if you'll tolerate such kind of attitude in driving a motorcycle, then the other four-wheeled motorists will be prejudiced because more vehicles will be waiting for the stoplight to turn green. it would be better if motorcycles will no longer add up to our perennial traffic dilemma.

a lot of accidents happen everyday involving motorcycle riders because of other reasons such as drunkeness, among others.
    Last edited by beereo; June 13th, 2009 at 05:12 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by n1kn0k View Post
    we commend people who did something MORE than what they were expected to do
    Exactly the point.

In our roads, following traffic rules is something "more" than what everyone else does. Don't we commend people who do the right thing instead of doing what's convenient at the expense of others?

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    It may be implicitly said, but when you said "kung lahat sila ganyan", I think I'm pretty much correct to understand that what you meant was "kung lahat sila eh nai-stick sa lane nila, naantay for their turn, well-following the rules of the road and shares his rights as a motorists with respect for his fellow motorists" or something of the same essence. Yes, indeed he may just be one rider, but I don't need to actually see hundreds of them all doing the same thing he did that day for me to see the effect - and I see something positive for a change. Imagine motorists all having that sense of respect with each other here in the country rather than overpowering others through their wang-wangs, cut-skills, and what have you - no jammed intersections, no non-passable lanes due to collissions and the like.
    Again which part of that sentence says i'd rather have reckless riders on the streets? I said Ayokong gayahin sya ng lahat ng riders, i didn't say, all riders should cut recklessly or filter recklessly, that is why i mentioned filter "with care".

This is basically my point,

if you're going to allow motorcycle riders to remain within the proper lanes, what do you think will happen? i think it will result to more traffic congestion. the logic behind easing traffic congestion is to eliminate the number of vehicles within a certain road as much as possible. if you'll tolerate such kind of attitude in driving a motorcycle, then the other four-wheeled motorists will be prejudiced because more vehicles will be waiting for the stoplight to turn green. it would be better if motorcycles will no longer add up to our perennial traffic dilemma.

a lot of accidents happen everyday involving motorcycle riders because of other reasons such as drunkeness, among others.
    Glad to see somebody understanding my point.

To be blunt, i see traffic filtering as a privilege for riders, why? because they are small and they have vehicles that can easily be maneuvered. why add to the traffic congestion when you can even help by filtering or in simple terms by getting out of the way. again, just do it with care. Filter if possible, wag ipilit kung di kaya.

there's another reason why riders keep filtering, because they need to keep moving. Imagine the heat of metro manila, wind is their only source of ventilation. Unlike us cages we have our roof and ACs. or even worse when its raining.

Exactly the point.

In our roads, following traffic rules is something "more" than what everyone else does. Don't we commend people who do the right thing instead of doing what's convenient at the expense of others?
    Sir last time i checked, traffic filtering is not a traffic violation. In some countries (e.g thailand ) they even promote traffic filtering for motorcycles. And i've read in a motorcycle forum that they even give you a ticket if you fall in line with cages.

i'm guessing you have never ridden a motorcycle in your life, that's why your having a hard time understanding my point.
    its probably obvious now that i am both a rider and a cager. try riding a motorcycle sir so that you might have an idea of how it feels. There's a saying that goes, you'll never understand the feeling until you've experienced it first hand, (or something like that) :D

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    To be blunt, i see traffic filtering as a privilege for riders, why? because they are small and they have vehicles that can easily be maneuvered. why add to the traffic congestion when you can even help by filtering or in simple terms by getting out of the way. again, just do it with care. Filter if possible, wag ipilit kung di kaya.
    No problem about that. The problem IS the fact that a helluva lot more riders cut/overtake without care. Not that everyone's like that. Got it? And the topic of the forum is the rider that never cut and behaved like a good PERSON must. If a rider/driver thinks that the rider in front's too slow, then overtake! WTH would that be hard to do. And for the record, I hate any abnormally slow vehicle in front of me, so I overtake with care.

there's another reason why riders keep filtering, because they need to keep moving. Imagine the heat of metro manila, wind is their only source of ventilation. Unlike us cages we have our roof and ACs. or even worse when its raining.
    Frankly, that's a pathetic excuse for being reckless. AGAIN, not that everyone is reckless while passing. If they can't take the heat, then they better stay out of the kitchen.

Sir last time i checked, traffic filtering is not a traffic violation. In some countries (e.g thailand ) they even promote traffic filtering for motorcycles. And i've read in a motorcycle forum that they even give you a ticket if you fall in line with cages.
    Nobody said it is, and it never was. Like you said, it's okay to cut past other vehicles if it's safe enough.

i'm guessing you have never ridden a motorcycle in your life, that's why your having a hard time understanding my point.
    WTH is this supposed to mean? For the record, I never said that not being in line is illegal. Now backread. I've explained that good deeds deserved to be commended, not that I particularly pointed out that being in line is a good deed/legal. If everything we do legally reserves a commendation, then they'd give me the Nobel Prize.

its probably obvious now that i am both a rider and a cager. try riding a motorcycle sir so that you might have an idea of how it feels. There's a saying that goes, you'll never understand the feeling until you've experienced it first hand, (or something like that) :D
    Before you mention more unsupported claims, check www.motorcyclephilippines.com/forums and search for roberto_minosa. I haven't been there for quite a while, maybe because there are more *$$holes there than here at Tsikot. But don't make me have second thoughts about this forum. I've been riding since 12y.o. and driving since 13y.o (THAT's illegal). Now, nobody can't tell what people know and what they don't.

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    The problem IS the fact that a helluva lot more riders cut/overtake without care.
    This is being bias, because your a cager at heart.
    I work 5 days a week, and i drive my car 3 times and i ride twice. Mind you, i see more reckless drivers than riders on my everyday commute.
    Problem with people right now is riders are being streotyped as reckless..
    when they overtake you on the right side, you call them reckless immediately!. Sometimes there is enough space on the right that riders take it. Its safer because they don't have to worry about oncoming traffic on the left.
    When they overtake on the left, reckless pa rin..

If they can't take the heat, then they better stay out of the kitchen
    No offense sir, but i think this is being a bit selfish.. not all filipinos can afford Cars. i've been on the same situation.. and don't even suggest public transportation, you know how bad the public transportation is here.

WTH is this supposed to mean?
    It didn't mean anything, i was just guessing. That why i said " i guess".

Before you mention more unsupported claims, check www.motorcyclephilippines.com/forums and search for roberto_minosa. I haven't been there for quite a while, maybe because there are more *$ there than here at Tsikot. But don't make me have second thoughts about this forum. I've been riding since 12y.o. and driving since 13y.o (THAT's illegal). Now, nobody can't tell what people know and what they don't.
    I wasn't claiming anything, So just relax a bit, i thought we were just having a good constructive debate, I don't remember saying anything offending. all i did was disagree to some of your opinions. Now who's the one being an *$$hole.

ok i'll give credit where credit is due, what the guy did probably is worth mentioning, i'll give you that. All i'm saying is, he shouldn't be a role model, because its not the ideal way of riding. again because if that happened, traffic congestion will get worse.
    now if you can't agree or even understand my own opinion and would start calling people *$$holes, i guess i just replied to the wrong thread.. i'll leave you be,

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    This is being bias, because your a cager at heart.
    I work 5 days a week, and i drive my car 3 times and i ride twice. Mind you, i see more reckless drivers than riders on my everyday commute.
    Problem with people right now is riders are being streotyped as reckless..
    Well, are they not? Bring MC-related accidents in Metro Manila to zero percent for one day, and I'll believe you. Just because you're an educated rider doesn't mean that every other rider does it your way.

when they overtake you on the right side, you call them reckless immediately!. Sometimes there is enough space on the right that riders take it. Its safer because they don't have to worry about oncoming traffic on the left.
    When they overtake on the left, reckless pa rin..
    Tell that to pedestrians trying to get off buses. Like myself, I almost got hit 4 times by MCs doing that same thing you were describing. I also saw an MC do that and hit a van trying to cross a street with right of way.

No offense sir, but i think this is being a bit selfish.. not all filipinos can afford Cars. i've been on the same situation.. and don't even suggest public transportation, you know how bad the public transportation is here.
    True, I commute everyday and I completely understand the case. But heat can't be an excuse to maintain 40km/h through weaving through traffic when everyone else is doing 15km/h. Someone will get hit, or worse. I don't mind getting hit by an MC when I'm driving a car, but I don't want to run over the rider.

It didn't mean anything, i was just guessing. That why i said " i guess".
    Be careful next time...

I wasn't claiming anything, So just relax a bit, i thought we were just having a good constructive debate, I don't remember saying anything offending. all i did was disagree to some of your opinions. Now who's the one being an *$.

ok i'll give credit where credit is due, what the guy did probably is worth mentioning, i'll give you that. All i'm saying is, he shouldn't be a role model, because its not the ideal way of riding. again because if that happened, traffic congestion will get worse.
    now if you can't agree or even understand my own opinion and would start calling people *$, i guess i just replied to the wrong thread.. i'll leave you be,
    FYI, an *-hole counterflows when he knows he can't; like cars with strobe lights and sirens. Think about it. And nobody here called anyone an *-hole. I just said that "there are more *-holes there than here at Tsikot". You did not reply to the wrong thread, it may be the thread that proved something's wrong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Kudos to MC Rider with Plate Number 2554PJ