New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My choice would be the whole Philippine Consulate in Ankara, Turkey. My wife had a problem with her (then) Philippine passport while we were vacationing. We arrived at the Philippine Embassy by bus at something like 5:30 am and it was bit chilly. We knocked at the door just to see if someone will answer. Sure enough, a Pinoy in sando, shorts, and tsinelas answered the door. As soon as he found out we're Pinoys, he let us in and fixed us breakfast while we waited for business hours to open. When we got down to business, there was no gaff, no BS. Just outstanding service and we left very pleased.

Another Pinoy we liked would be the head chef of the Adana Hilton, also in Turkey. He was simply an excellent chef and provided awesome service.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    heres a very nice story about a kid who hasnt seen hes dad for 21 years and decided to post it in a PC forum(tipidPC.com).the kid is from the phil. and the dad was found in the USA.its a very touching story(and ending) but kinda long(9 pages).it happened january 06

http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=50658&page=1

btw...not trying to boost my ego here(hope you guys dont see it that way) but read the whole story cause itll sure touch your heart(still does to me everytime i read)

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    galing mo bro..saludo kami sayo

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    The idealist in me says he just did the right thing and has nothing to be praised about.

Then again we're not in an ideal world, are we?

Go with space invader's advice, he deserves some sort of merit.
    I agree! but in our times, it is now consider an extraordinary thing which Sir Manuel truly deserved a merit!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    its really nice to hear stories like this... i have one to share:

nagpa-gas ako ng 200 petot sa Petron Macapagal near Blue Wave, after matapos, umalis na ako, while waiting for the light to turn green para mag merge ako sa macapagal, nagulat ako ng makita kong hinahabol ako ng gasoline boy, yun pala may sukli pa akong 300 petot. sayang ni hindi ko natanong yun name niya kasi malapit ng mag go.
    to you sir thanks a lot for your honesty

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    this is a very nice thread, it gives the readers a glimpse of the good part of our world, it makes you want to do good things from the time your read it

very good job Boss Ric Manuel, sana mabasa nya tong thread na ito para at least he'll know that what he did was praised by a group of people

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    uy galing saludo din ako bos!

with the bad press the lto has always had, i had a similar and pleasurable experience w/ a lto cashier here in las pinas. here goes my story:

some time last year when i was paying the calculated fee for one of our car's registration, i inadvertently gave the cashier P500 more than the required amount. looking for neither a reward nor any form of gratitude from me, he just cheerfully and unceremoniously returned the money. i know it is part of his job but, needless to say, being in an enclosed area and all, plus given the fact that i wasn't really paying attention to whatever he was doing, the man could have easily pocketed the extra amount effortlessly. needless to say, i was gushing w/ satisfaction and w/ a new found respect for my fellow pinoy

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee View Post
    heres a very nice story about a kid who hasnt seen hes dad for 21 years and decided to post it in a PC forum(tipidPC.com).the kid is from the phil. and the dad was found in the USA.its a very touching story(and ending) but kinda long(9 pages).it happened january 06

http://www.tipidpc.com/viewtopic.php?tid=50658&page=1

btw...not trying to boost my ego here(hope you guys dont see it that way) but read the whole story cause itll sure touch your heart(still does to me everytime i read)
    naalala ko story nito last year, grabe, naiyak ako sa kakabasa..
    again, good job master deedee..

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    mabuhay ka sir manuel! god bless!

sana ganyan din ang nagyari sa akin last week when I lost php1,500 in citibank mkti ave last week

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    langya...naantig ako dun sa thread ng TPC...at least hapi ending

Mabuhay ka Manong Ric Manuel

For sure, mas dadami ang thread sa dito sa ThumbsUp HQ kesa sa GSHQ coz I believe na mas madaming Pinoys ang kind-hearted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Honest SG: Sana Dumami Pa Sila!