New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I was driving around Kuala Lumpur, and I get to see various license plates like of course Malaysian, Singaporean, as well as Thai, and one fine lucky day I've seen a Rolls Royce with a UK road tax disc and plates, and a group of left-hand-driving, China registered-cars roaming around Kuala Lumpur. I've tried searching around, and I thought Ryan Agoncillo's group would be the first group who'd travel over-land bearing Philippine registered motorcycles on a foreign land but to my dismay they seem to have been registered on that country where they rode, It made me wonder has there been a time a FIlipino has brought his/her Philippine registered car in a foreign land driving that car of his/hers there using Philippine registration documents travelling in between countries over-land?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    1970 London to Manila Marathon Drive

Remember Volkswagen's sasakyan ng bayan? | Top Gear Philippines
    by Paulo Rafael Subido Aug 7, 2015

comment by Domingo Guevara Junior - Chairman (recently retired) at Guevent Group of Companies:

I just wish to add that the SAKBAYAN is perhaps the only vehicle to have really circumnavigated the world when I led the LONDON-MANILA MOTORS SPORTS EVENT in June-August of 1970.
    This car-sports event consisted of two Sakbayans, a Kubelwagen and a Sarao Jeepney. All four cars started in London and split in Paris into the EAST and WEST Groups. The West group went from Paris to Lisbon, onto Miami and across continental USA to SFO, to Honolulu, Tokyo and finally Manila. The East Group went via Middle Easterr Europe, through Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Singapore and then to Manila. The whole trip took 79 days and was recorded by Manila Times.The members of the London-Manila Tour were Ronnie Pasola, Freddie Masigan, Mon Hachero, Loy Martinez, Willly Ingles, Tony Siddayao, Iking Gonzales, Tirso Aguilar, and myself. (I apologize for not recalling 2-3 other members due to Senior moments.) To my knowledge, NO ONE has ever duplicated this motoring feat.