The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Filipina saves young wards from fire, gets $25,000. gift

By Veronica Uy
    INQUIRER.net
    Last updated 02:12pm (Mla time) 02/27/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- A Filipina saved her employers' four children and their two friends from a house fire in Stowe, Vermont and received $25,000 as gift for the act, the Department of Foreign Affairs announced Tuesday.
    In her report to the home office, Consul General Cecilia Rebong of the
    Philippine Consulate General in New York identified the Filipina as Hazel Reposo of Negros province.
    The consulate learned about the incident when Reposo, together with her employers, Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Wood and their children, went to the consulate to acquire a new Philippine passport, having lost the old one, together with her other belongings, in the fire, said Rebong.
    Reposo recalled that one of the children told her of the fire coming out of the garage door of the 4,500-square-foot luxury home that was made of wood, said Rebong.
    “The fire alarm went off, and I immediately ordered the children to abandon the house. I called up 911 on my mobile phone and then my employers,” she narrated before the consulate.
    The Woods acknowledged her heroism and her quick thinking, saying they would be “forever grateful” to her. “The $25,000 was not a reward but was meant for the education of Hazel’s son. She took care of our most precious possession -- our children,” they said.
    Rebong also reported that Reposo, 30, had worked as a nanny since November 2003. Though a Business Management graduate of the University of Negros Occidental-Recolectos, Reposo left the country for her five-year-old son’s sake to work in Bermuda together with her parents and two siblings.
    Reposo’s heroism was published in an article entitled “$25,000 reward for Filipina nanny who saved 6 kids,” in the February 23-March 1, 2007 issue of the Filipino Reporter, a New York-based newspaper.
    (One dollar = 48.25 pesos)

Saludo ako

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yan ang pinoy!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Mabuhay ka Hazel Reposo ....Yan Ang Pinoy

OT: Should be in Thumbs-Up Threads IMO!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess anybody in their right mind will do the same thing under those circumstances.

But still, two thumbs-up to Ms. Reposo.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    wow. saludo to her!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good Job dumami pa sana ang tulad mo

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    good job !

pabalato :bwahaha:

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Filipina saves young wards from fire, gets $25,000. gift

Though a Business Management graduate of the University of Negros Occidental-Recolectos, Reposo left the country for her five-year-old son’s sake to work in Bermuda together with her parents and two siblings.
    tsk, tsk, Typical plight of our countrymen. Saan ata yung asawa nito?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    stories like this makes me even prouder being a Filipino...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    yan ang pinoy, Mabuhay po!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Filipina saves young wards from fire, gets ,000 gift