New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JMV View Post
    Actually, Singapore will INDEED host the F1 race next year on Sept 28, 2008.

The track will be built along its streets.
    ala monte carlo ah!

Masyadong malaki ang investment cost niyan pero it should be a probable venture.

Yung lugar sa tabi ng SM ay maluwag pa.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok to ah. it might not be the best use of the private sector's money...but it's high time that Pinoys had something to be proud of to the rest of the world

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Usually yung F1 GP are pushed by the goverments because of the guranteed money upfront na hinihingi ng FOCA. Yung Malaysia GP was pushed by ex-PM Mahathir, but I think it is now being required to upgrade just after 5 years or they will loose their right to host the GP there.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I hope that this is not just another pipe dream, just like a couple of years back when Subic was bidding to be considered as the location for an Asian Disneyland. As well all know, the project went to Hong Kong.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    The problem is would they hold the Formula 1 races here? They have a schedule for just so many races in a year, could they still accomodate us? It's gonna be a big waste of money if we can't convince them to hold a race here.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Uy! Was going to post this, but I had no internet with me when I read it.

Even if we don't get F1, we'll be able to host more of the Asian F3, hopefully the Porsche cup, and some touring car events.

A big boost is if we could get on the A1GP Calendar... with a matching debut for the Philippine team (oh, how I wish! ).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    naku mahirap nanaman to, baka pagkakitaan ng mga oportunista to.
    sana lang walang problema kung sakaling magmaterialise tong project na to.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    wow, magandang balita ito kung totoo na matuloy ito....
    kaya lang they would be needing a huge amount of land para makapagsetup ng international race track at the sametime yung hotel accomodations dapat ready considering that each team will be having so many crews and not to mention the guest and fans that will arrive during the event.

pag may f1 circuit na dito, siguro susunod narin ang motogp... sana pagtulungtulungan ng mga car manufacturers dito yung circuit para matuloy.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    This is good news. Exposure yan sa tourism side.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    sana WRC na lang... mas trip ko yun kaysa F1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
F1 circuit to be built in Angeles City?