New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    Kung iisipin, kawawa din sila. Imagine being under the sun everyday? Talo pa nila bagong tint na auto. Kya ok din maglagay minsan, pamerienda lang. Ung sa EDSA nga nakakaawa parang di nilalaban uniform hehehe.
    So where do you draw the line between a bribe and a donation? Are you still willing to get the traffic citation after you give them money? If your answer is "no" then you are just giving them a bribe and trying to justify your actions. Regardless of what their work conditions are they picked their job and they knew that they would be exposed to the hot sun everyday. No type of rationalization can justify giving money to a law enforcement officer, because they are not supposed to accept money from the public that they serve lest it be seen as a bribe. If you really feel sorry for them then talk to your government officials to have these people paid more and thus less likely to accept bribes.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    actually there is a certain amount that they get for every citation made or ticket issued.. kind of like a commission.. but i think the amount is still not enough.. maybe if they had salary like those from the call centers.. but that's another story medyo mahirap yata ma-achieve yun..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    sorry mga guys ha, eto opinion ko lang...

i really cant feel empathy for these lalo yung capable of issuing tickets. sakin kc, d naman sa nilalahat ko pero kc masmadalas ang mga malokong enforcers than the good ones. i appreciate the good ones very much pero in reality i still have to meet one. sa 8 times na naflag down ako for the 4 years na nandito ako sa luzon n got to drive by the metro, lahat mga kurakot talga. nakaka asar. 3 of times, they flagged me down for a violation d ko ginawa... un ang pinaka paborito nila... swerving! i was changing lanes kc bottleneck nawawala na ung lane ko... aba swerving daw! n the same goes when i was going to turn at the intersection, so i had to change to the outer lane... wla ako inalangan (cut) na car sa likod, aba e swerving pa rin? sa 8 na un, 4 was really blatantly stupid calls. the 2 of them was sadya ko kc i drove kahit coding ako. the other 3 was because i was unfamiliar with the places and i made bad judgments.

what i am trying to say is, i cant feel empathy for them because all the enforcers that flagged me down were all bad apples, giving hassles to a responsible motorist. most of the enforcers pa that flagged me was overcharging and taking advantage... ako kc taga laguna, d ko maaasikaso pag nahuli ako sa metro so i tend to bribe nalng kung ppwede. when they sense this... kagat sila agad and they charge me more than what i will actually pay (i found it out nung i asked about the charges for the violations). kabadtrip tlaga.

i obey traffic rules, but when there are times that there are unclear signs or even no signs at all (pero meron at ang nakakaalam lang ay mga taga dun at madalas dun) sana man lang magbigay sila ng warning. d mo maiiwasan talga na matanga ka pag d mo alam ung lugar e, lalo dito satin wlang proper signages sana man lang if ung driver is deserving naman of a warning, ibigay nila... pero mas una nila naiisip kc perahan muna ung driver e.

n besides, bakit kapag busses trucks jeeps taxis and MC's d naman nila hinuhuli? most of the time nagbubulagbulagan lang sila kahit harap harapan na ang violation? i can only think of one reason, kc most of them d nagbibigay ng lagay dahil walang pera. kaya mga private ang laging tinitira sa traffic violations.

i cant help but compare our enforcers sa province against dito sa metro. sa amin i can empathize in a heartbeat... pero dito, i really cant. this is because sa province namin, ang mga enforcers always make good calls and they concentrate more on keeping the streets organized by flagging down lokong PUV's and trucks.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    btw, im just based in laguna now for 4 years. but im originally from the visayas region. and no correction sa 4 bad calls, talagang 4 bad calls un kc ung 1 dun sa misjudgment ko was actually a bad violation call din. huli ko lang din nalaman.

yun lang po. sorry if there are those na takes my post negatively.. but this is just my opinion based on bad experiences towards these enforcers. i have nothing against enforcers, my direct uncle, and 3 of my cousins are with the PNP in various departments. i don't associate with them when it comes to padrino system and committing violations because its just plain wrong.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Pre, you don't have to apologize for your posts.
    No offense taken here. You're free to speak.

May isa pa akong gustong i-share.
    YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO INFLUENCE SOMEBODY. Nakaka-impluwensya tayo ng mga tao sa paligid natin - maging good influence or bad influence. May magagawa tayo.

Example:
    You can influence even a traffic enforcer to NOT ask for bribe. Just be creative. Win-win situation - less corruption in the city, and if you're lucky, you get away without a traffic ticket. I did a couple of experiments before - well, just when flagged to stop for some violation.

Somehow traffic enforcers can sense if you're the type to give bribes. If they did sense that you're willing to bribe them, they'll take so much of your time until you hand them the money. Except for Makati maybe, where they actually make money for every traffic ticket they issue. Thus issuing traffic tickets turns to be a hobby - just kidding.

Well, if you're apprehended outside Makati, you should know better how you should act/react or at least know what to do. Show them that you're not willing to bribe!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004

Experiment 1. Let's say one afternoon, expect that kotong cops are hungry and looking for a cow to milk for merienda - then they saw you ("me" in my case). They'll apprehend you even for the flimsiest traffic violation you could make. Expect a good conversation with that traffic enforcer.

What to do:
    Don't argue. Don't negotiate. Don't entertain small talks. When asked, don't talk unless really necessary - give them very short answers (like: "yes officer," "no officer," "maybe"). Don't open your window fully. Shut your car window when he stops opening his mouth - show them you're not interested to haggle for anything.

Guess what... there's a good chance that you get to drive away kotong free.

Happened to me twice - they probably found somebody else who's willing to bribe. Sino kaya yun?

Kapag nabigyan naman kayo ng ticket. Wag ka na magalit, kahit papaano naka-contribute ka naman sa bayan at hindi mo rin nayurakan ang pagkatao mo.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    We just have to know how they think and what their concerns are.

Empathize.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I remember the time I got flagged down by the MMDA late last year sa Cubao (in front of Farmers Plaza), around 5:45 am. Had to drop off my wife, kasi sasakay sya ng MRT, so andun ako pumuwesto sa inner lane (yung may pink fences), for her to get off.

Didn't know that was reserved for buses, so I was apprehended. I said I was sorry and requested them nicely to be let off, since I was a careful driver. They could check their records, and I've never been apprehended for over 7 years. But I admitted my mistake. Tinawag nila yung bisor nila, and after I explained my side again politely, he just waived me off, and simply told me to drive safe. Thank you na lang ang nasabi ko.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Didn't know that was reserved for buses, so I was apprehended. I said I was sorry and requested them nicely to be let off, since I was a careful driver. They could check their records, and I've never been apprehended for over 7 years. But I admitted my mistake. Tinawag nila yung bisor nila, and after I explained my side again politely, he just waived me off, and simply told me to drive safe. Thank you na lang ang nasabi ko.
    Mas ok yung ganito diba! Minsan kasi yung hinuhuli or offender pa yung nag-i-initiate ng bribery. Sariling disiplina na lang at baka maka-impluwensya ka pa ng traffic enforcer na maging tapat sa tungkulin.

Isa pang nangyari sa akin, sa Makati naman 10AM at different approach. I reasoned out assertively and didn't gave them a hint that I am willing to bribe. I told them why I am not at fault, even called their supervisor. Eventually, they let me go while telling me "ingat na lang sa susunod."

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc MD View Post
    If you're trying to question my thought in the other thread, know this.. My brother is a Police Officer, mga kababata ko dito sa Makati became MAPSA...

But look at the Traffic Enforcers sa Fort? or sa Subic? sa Makati Parking lang e (yun sa Ayala CBD area)...
    Actually yes, this thread is a response to your message in another thread (para lang di lumayo at masyadong OT na dun kaya ako gumawa ng separate thread). Plus, in a lot of other threads here at tsikot where some rely or blame traffic enforcers for being lenient. Subukan natin sabihin sa isang traffic enforcer ang mga katangang "Do it properly" ay baka bigla na lang syang mapa-iyak sa kawalan natin ng empathy o kaya naman bigla syang magalit at batukan ka.

But the greater goal or purpose of this thread is for others to know that the lives of traffic enforcers are not easy, and that we shouldn't rely so much on them to discipline all traffic violators - doing so is close to impossible. We can't blame them if we don't see them apprehending violators all the time. Some resolutions could be: more traffic enforcers, better equipment, better policies, "OR" higher wages - consequently requires more tax money to maintain OR non-corrupt city officials. But which cities can afford to maintain this - maintain for a long time.

Pero tama ka, iba talaga yung enforcement ng batas sa Makati, Fort, and Subic. Siguro kung makakapili lang yung mga enforcers natin, marami sa kanila nagpa-assign sa Subic.

Subic and Fort are different cases: They have their own traffic enforcers which definitely have different circumstances as with other local traffic enforcers. Obvious naman na different, i need not cite any - or maybe sa density of jurisdiction, policies, wage, and benefits.
    Also, I agree, Makati's MAPSA is somehow better. They are the ones who probably get substantial amount of money for every ticket they issue.

So I guess, hindi yung local traffic enforcers sa mga kalsada ang dapat sinisisi (well, not in all cases).

Sabihin mo na lang sa MAPSA tropa mo na sikat naman si blakdyak at uso yung maitim ngayon.

OT: Ang hirap pala kung mag-s-shift ako ngayon ng career into pulis - one less pulis wannabe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Empathy for Traffic Enforcers.