New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ True, the tests were done in a controlled fashion and followed proper test procedures and standards.

And I also agree with the test results, which makes sense for any filter media that is coated with oil, that the K&N filter does provide more airflow at the BEGINNING but drastically tapers off and becomes more restrictive compared to a paper filter as dirt is exponentially accumulated. What this is telling us is that K&N filters may be ideal in motorsports where peak airflow is required only for the duration of the competition. However, I'd never recommend it for daily city use where the environmental air quality is considered extreme.

And those filter wraps were meant to be put on TEMPORARILY to repell water splashes or as an additional layer when driving in extremely dusty environments (think Dakar, rallycross, 4x4 off-roading without a snorkel, etc.) Again, it's probably NOT ideal for daily use.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    ^ True, the tests were done in a controlled fashion and followed proper test procedures and standards.

And I also agree with the test results, which makes sense for any filter media that is coated with oil, that the K&N filter does provide more airflow at the BEGINNING but drastically tapers off and becomes more restrictive compared to a paper filter as dirt is exponentially accumulated. What this is telling us is that K&N filters may be ideal in motorsports where peak airflow is required only for the duration of the competition. However, I'd never recommend it for daily city use where the environmental air quality is considered extreme.

And those filter wraps were meant to be put on TEMPORARILY to repell water splashes or as an additional layer when driving in extremely dusty environments (think Dakar, rallycross, 4x4 off-roading without a snorkel, etc.) Again, it's probably NOT ideal for daily use.
    Test results made on your own mind is called IMAGINATION not Science. MAF Theory BUSTED! Motorcraft(R) Air Filters – The Official Ford Parts Site

Wanna bet? 3:1 wager

Paper Cabin & Air Filter are ideal for daily use?

This propaganda was created to scare people from trying.

Applicable only for Air intake Systems purchased and installed in the U.S.A.
    K&N intake system offers an UNCONDITIONAL 30 day MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. If you are unhappy with a K&N intake system for ANY REASON, including the horsepower improvement experienced, we will refund 100% of the purchase price and even pay for return shipping to K&N.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by desertst0rm View Post
    Test results made on your own mind is called IMAGINATION not Science. MAF Theory BUSTED! Motorcraft(R) Air Filters – The Official Ford Parts Site

Wanna bet? 3:1 wager

Paper Cabin & Air Filter are ideal for daily use?

This propaganda was created to scare people from trying.

Applicable only for Air intake Systems purchased and installed in the U.S.A.
    K&N intake system offers an UNCONDITIONAL 30 day MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. If you are unhappy with a K&N intake system for ANY REASON, including the horsepower improvement experienced, we will refund 100% of the purchase price and even pay for return shipping to K&N.

Oh my! You mean that URL I posted was a direct link to my mind?

Are you reading what you're typing? Even more important, did you even read through the link I provided?

I gave you a link to a 3rd party study on the (in)effectiveness of K&N filters and instead of addressing and contesting each test parameters based on scientific facts, you've posted nothing but marketing materials and rhetorics.

Let me put it another way... people using paper filter media has reported no reliability or usability issues with their engines. But with K&N, you've got a lot of professional mechanics swearing that they're not as effective as the the manufacturer says they are. Of course that brings out the skepticism in everyone. If you're not skeptic as I am, well who then is the victim of the K&N propaganda here?

PS. I get it that you love posting memes... people who can't argue very well does it so, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    ^
    Unfortunately bro, people will tend to believe what they want to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by barako ba ma View Post
    it's a free country. an old adage from the plebos at the philippine military academy : "i came from the land of kings where everyone can do what he wishes"
    anyone can do what he wants for his car just like getting a tattoo. you might love it, some people around you might like it, some people around you will pretend to you they like it, some people will frown about it, some people really hate it. butum line: it might not be advisable nor necessary
    Agree 100%.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010

I disagree, just wash it more often then it is still better imo in the long run.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Oh my! You mean that URL I posted was a direct link to my mind?

Are you reading what you're typing? Even more important, did you even read through the link I provided?

I gave you a link to a 3rd party study on the (in)effectiveness of K&N filters and instead of addressing and contesting each test parameters based on scientific facts, you've posted nothing but marketing materials and rhetorics.

Let me put it another way... people using paper filter media has reported no reliability or usability issues with their engines. But with K&N, you've got a lot of professional mechanics swearing that they're not as effective as the the manufacturer says they are. Of course that brings out the skepticism in everyone. If you're not skeptic as I am, well who then is the victim of the K&N propaganda here?

PS. I get it that you love posting memes... people who can't argue very well does it so, too.

This what Real actual data results looks like.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    This what Real actual data results looks like.
    PCM Data log
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    PCM Data log
    your data and PIDS is just like any scan tool display. it does not show rate of filtration, how many microns allowed to pass through and how much resistance to air flow. stay within air filtration topic if you may.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    PCM Data log
    I'm sorry but it's like you're on a different planet.... you could might as well be measuring wind speed with a ruler. Your attachment doesn't say anything about the subject at hand, much less, prove your point.

But to humor you, let me just say that PCM data is subjective. It only takes measurements of what it needs to operate the engine as efficient as possible. For one, it does not measure particulate matter (which is an essential parameter for evaluating filter material). So basically, it can't distinguish what filter media is being used, or if a filter is present or absent altogether.

Do better.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    So may we know the conclusion ? To use K&N or not ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast