New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi,

Newbie here. Am looking to get a compact hatch and after looking around, the Swift seems to be the best deal if I go cash. I know the car is not perfect but is well regarded in general.

It won't be a family car. Will be used mostly for they city with occasional trips to destinations like Subic, Clark and Tagaytay.

Trying to decide between MT and AT. Fuel consumption is a consideration but so long as it will do at least 10 km/l, I'm happy.

How are parts and service? We've never owned a Suzuki before so I am unfamiliar with the dealers and parts costs. How expensive is routine maintenance compared to say toyota or honda?

I intend to hang on to the car for about 5 years so I'm doing all the research I can.

Thanks for any help/advice the members can provide!

Silva

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i have a 2 year old swift a/t. i'm very happy with it and still believe i made the right choice getting it instead of the jazz or yaris. first thing that attracted me to the swift was it's uncanny resemblance to the mini cooper.

pros going for the swift would be looks, cbu japan and details like audio controls on leather wrapped steering wheel and electric hatch lock. very fun to drive and feels bigger than it's size would suggests. steering is pinpoint with good feedback.

i get around 15 km/l. daily drive is alabang to katipunan and back.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Ilang beses na akong nakasakay sa Swift ng officemate ko, and every time, my opinion is the same: deym, now THAT's a car.

The best thing about the Swift is that it's a Suzuki, and Suzuki offers free maintenance for the first two years of ownership; think of the money you can save which could go to upgrades/modifications. That fact alone gives it a very distinct edge over its competitors.

I hear that the A/T variant gets good mileage, so what more if it's M/T? I say, get the stick shift and maximize the engine's potential. :thumbup:
    Last edited by Bogeyman; April 26th, 2009 at 06:20 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Try to go through this thread too: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57531

But to answer your question, I'd go for the Jazz.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    hello!

meron po kasi akong nalaman na free daw yung 2 years maintenance mo sa suzuki.

ano po ba ang ibig sabihin ng free maintenance? free labor only? or free na lahat pati engine oil, etc as long as it's in the 2 year time frame?

thanks!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LeOxe View Post
    hello!

meron po kasi akong nalaman na free daw yung 2 years maintenance mo sa suzuki.

ano po ba ang ibig sabihin ng free maintenance? free labor only? or free na lahat pati engine oil, etc as long as it's in the 2 year time frame?

thanks!
    everything is free including oil till your 20k pms.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by brubeck View Post
    everything is free including oil till your 20k pms.
    ahh.. so either 20k kms or 2 years whichever come first?

ang galing ha! malaki talaga ang matitipid mo sa ganitong scheme.
    with this wonderful scheme, parang hindi pa rin ganon karami compared to toyota & honda ang bumibili ng suzuki. expensive spare parts kaya? or difficult to find spare parts?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LeOxe View Post
    with this wonderful scheme, parang hindi pa rin ganon karami compared to toyota & honda ang bumibili ng suzuki. expensive spare parts kaya? or difficult to find spare parts?
    Cost and availability of spare parts would be great info.

I'm not too sold on the Jazz. I know it's a good car pero Honda parts prices can be expensive compared to other brands.

Ang pamilya ko noon pa Toyota na, kaya mas marami kaming karanasan sa brand na 'yun. Hindi ko rin nagustuhan masyado ang Yaris.

Ty to those who shared their experiences!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    Hi,

Newbie here. Am looking to get a compact hatch and after looking around, the Swift seems to be the best deal if I go cash. I know the car is not perfect but is well regarded in general.

It won't be a family car. Will be used mostly for they city with occasional trips to destinations like Subic, Clark and Tagaytay.

Trying to decide between MT and AT. Fuel consumption is a consideration but so long as it will do at least 10 km/l, I'm happy.

How are parts and service? We've never owned a Suzuki before so I am unfamiliar with the dealers and parts costs. How expensive is routine maintenance compared to say toyota or honda?

I intend to hang on to the car for about 5 years so I'm doing all the research I can.

Thanks for any help/advice the members can provide!

Silva
    hi maam silva. nice choice there. they are all right when it comes to the suzuki swift. the free 2 yrs or 20,000 kms wc ever comes first preventive maintenance service on parts and labor (spark plugs, engine oil, all filters,the works) they are also right about the fuel consumption(actually what we claim is 13kms/L so hands down to our friend who consumes 15kms/L ) about aesthetics the swift can be both classy and sporty at the same time. the quality is superb cause its c.b.u. japan. no worries about the parts cause the swift has been in the country if i can still remember since 06 i believe so aftermarket parts isnt so rare anymore. when it comes to parts prices, still honda parts are way off the ceiling compared to suzuki parts. in addition to these when you purchase a suzuki swift you also get to have a 5,000 gas card from caltex. i know this cause i used to work for suzuki makati. now im a freelance car broker (hence the name autobroker360) ive agents on each dealership and they will all give their best bid to me for you. the fact that you are going to purchase thru cash i doubt that they will give you a free comprehensive insurance. to that i can surely give you a better offer for your insurance and of course the best discounts among all dealerships. keep in mind that suzuki dealerships dont act as one but as competitors to each. so bidding is an advantage specially right now for i know which dealership is gasping for quotas. hopefully i can be of great help. feel free to contact me at 09239798596. just give me a txt po and ill call you po right away.honestly, the suzuki swift is one of the best compact cars ive ever driven. thanks and God Bless ms. silva.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hmmm check this forum hopefully it can convince you getting an suzuki swift www.teamswift.tk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast