New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    just go for the swift! i'm sure that you'll get your money's worth.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Try to get C! magazine's april issue.

Comparo ng Jazz, Swift, Yaris, and Aveo.

The yaris and the jazz were actually faster than the swift through the racetrack. And you'd be surprised who comes out on top of the cost/km for the first 100,000 km, even with suzuki's free PMS for the first 20,000 km.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think the Aveo fared the worst. The Jazz won it and although mas mahal sya then the competition they did say na its all worth it because its just more car than the others thus the price...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    my swift is the 5th car that i bought. all the first four cars were bought with all the nitty gritty research we all do prior to letting go of our hard earned cash. more like thinking with you head and less with the heart. i did the opposite with the swift and glossed over the obvious advantages of jazz like resale value and parts availability. it was a blessing that these advantages are not that important to me hence, the decision to go for the swift was a lot easier. i love this car and definitely prefer it over my other family car, an innova g a/t. apples and oranges really but when i'm driving the swift, it's just more fun and engaging

one of the seasoned member here, i think it's sir otep, summed it all nicely. suzuki somewhat fills a certain niche in the market. once you understand this carmaker's philosophy, you'll be more appreciative of the way they design and manufacture their cars.

i'm about to sell my innova and was initially looking at the ford focus tdic. but after test driving the suzuki vitara, i'm leaning ever so slightly to the latter. it would have been hands down if they had the diesel variant for the vitara

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    Hi,

Newbie here. Am looking to get a compact hatch and after looking around, the Swift seems to be the best deal if I go cash. I know the car is not perfect but is well regarded in general.

It won't be a family car. Will be used mostly for they city with occasional trips to destinations like Subic, Clark and Tagaytay.

Trying to decide between MT and AT. Fuel consumption is a consideration but so long as it will do at least 10 km/l, I'm happy.

How are parts and service? We've never owned a Suzuki before so I am unfamiliar with the dealers and parts costs. How expensive is routine maintenance compared to say toyota or honda?

I intend to hang on to the car for about 5 years so I'm doing all the research I can.

Thanks for any help/advice the members can provide!

Silva
    hi mam silva!
    if you need advice po regarding for the suzuki, kasi im working * suzuki right now, if you want po you can call me * 0906-556-7825 / 0922-831-0143. mam you can also visit us * pasong tamo ext. makati just look for Gilzon Wycoco. we also giving good discount speacially n SWIFT mt/ or a/t po. and for the preventive maintenance po its 20,000kl or 2 years free parts and labor po, so every 5,000 kl or 6months po papa servce po tayo mam, its all free po. thank you!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi,

Newbie here. Am looking to get a compact hatch and after looking around, the Swift seems to be the best deal if I go cash. I know the car is not perfect but is well regarded in general.

It won't be a family car. Will be used mostly for they city with occasional trips to destinations like Subic, Clark and Tagaytay.

Trying to decide between MT and AT. Fuel consumption is a consideration but so long as it will do at least 10 km/l, I'm happy.

How are parts and service? We've never owned a Suzuki before so I am unfamiliar with the dealers and parts costs. How expensive is routine maintenance compared to say toyota or honda?

I intend to hang on to the car for about 5 years so I'm doing all the research I can.

Silva
    hi mam silva!
    if you need advice po regarding for the suzuki, kasi im working * suzuki right now, if you want po you can call me * 0906-556-7825 / 0922-831-0143. mam you can also visit us * pasong tamo ext. makati just look for Gilzon Wycoco. we also giving good discount speacially n SWIFT mt/ or a/t po. and for the preventive maintenance po its 20,000kl or 2 years free parts and labor po, so every 5,000 kl or 6months po papa servce po tayo mam, its all free po. thank you Mam Silva! hope to see you mam!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi,

Silva
    hi mam silva!
    if you need advice po regarding for the suzuki, kasi im working * suzuki right now, if you want po you can call me * 0906-556-7825 / 0922-831-0143. mam you can also visit us * pasong tamo ext. makati just look for Gilzon Wycoco. we also giving good discount speacially n SWIFT mt/ or a/t po. and for the preventive maintenance po its 20,000kl or 2 years free parts and labor po, so every 5,000 kl or 6months po papa servce po tayo mam, its all free po. thank you Mam Silva! hope to see you mam!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... the only big reason NOT to get a Swift is the tiny back seat... if that is not an issue, it's a nifty toy... errh... car to buy.

Get an MT. It's a waste to buy a sweet driving car like that and saddle it with an AT.
    Last edited by niky; April 28th, 2009 at 12:57 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    just got a second hand suzuki swift today- parang mini cooper talaga-

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripcurl View Post
    just got a second hand suzuki swift today- parang mini cooper talaga-
    hi mr ripcurl, wow that nice! hows the drivng nmn po!? may i know mag kano mo nakuha ung swift mo!? if ever na mag papamaintnance ko try mo sa suzuki makati pasong tamo ext. actualy im working dun sa sales dept,, im sure maaalagaan ang swift mo dun.. thank you nad drive safe guys!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast