New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 151 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    totoo naman yan eh, nowadays we have so many dealers offering the same thing. parang yun Hedgren saka Hush Puppies nun nasa Rustan's pa lang sila, 2K to 3K per shoes, pero nun nag-branch out naging 5K per shoes. still the same shoes

ang dapat i-branch out ay ang service but not the dealership. kasi sales can be downsized into a select few power salesmen, but quality mechanics hinde. kita nyo ginagawa ngaun ng ibang sales, the bad ones, pati parts binabanatan, binabarkada pa ang mechanic. case in point what happened to that Toyota na pinag-student driver yun Fort.

now regarding, dealerships. I think a lot of banks na madami depositor invested their money on dealerships, so that they can provide a good return for their depositors. but the thing is car sales is as traditional as 20 years ago, it's basically dealer price + markup = sales. asan ang growth dyan to support multiple dealerships in difference of 10KM lang per area. the dealerships themselves are competing with each other. so ano nangyari nagimbento ng dealer incentive at kung ano-ano pa charges just to make the markup, para mag-survive ang maintenance ng dealership.

need I remind you that cars today are a one time buying product, parang crocs. when you buy a crocs, baka hinde kana bumile after 10 years na. ganun din ang cars. it's not like bonchon or jollibee, na pag kumain ka ngaun, may repeat kain tomorrow or next week.

so if Suzuki plays this right, wag na sya mag-expand ng dealership. with the bang for the buck pricing , dadayuhin na ng future Vitara GLX owner ang casa nila.
    It may or may not have an effect but I think the primary reason for increasing prices of everything is inflation. This yr, its 3.2% but 9 yrs ago umabot sya ng 8.3% (based on bsp.gov.ph stats)

2. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Do you guys think this is a better buy over let's say asx or even ecosport? I'm already sold with the features and uts, but I'm having second thoughts with the badge itself...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Leachim1 View Post
    Do you guys think this is a better buy over let's say asx or even ecosport? I'm already sold with the features and uts, but I'm having second thoughts with the badge itself...

Wait for the 2018 Ford Ecosport next year then compare it with the new Vitara. It seems that the new ecosport is going to give the vitara a nice competition in the sub compact suv segment.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Wait for the 2018 Ford Ecosport next year then compare it with the new Vitara. It seems that the new ecosport is going to give the vitara a nice competition in the sub compact suv segment.

Well that's the thing, medyo hinahabol ko before the year ends so as to beat the excise tax implementation.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Well that's the thing, medyo hinahabol ko before the year ends so as to beat the excise tax implementation.

My only advice with the current ecosport model is to choose the manual transmission. If you prefer an automatic transmission, exclude the ford ecosport :D

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yup I still prefer the regular AT vs CVT or DCT especially with PH traffic

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017

On the maintenance and spare parts side, there's plenty of options for the mature Mitsubishi and Ford brands. For Suzuki especially for the new Vitara, that is still in a big question mark.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014

ecosport pang third world lang yan while the Vitara is enjoyed by first world european countries even UK, the land of the landrover. yun American spec ecosport hindi naman yun iooffer dito sa 2018, may gulong pa din sa likod satin.

dun palang decided ka na dapat, plus I doubt ecosport with its current price today can offer the new ecosport with touchscreen at the same price as Suzuki. so dont wait. buy na

and also nagpunta ka naman ng japan. this is there popular mini 4x4 SUV and its a Suzuki. suzuki hustler. if the advanced Japanese citizens choose this as their daily car then it must be good or durable. so no problems with the badge

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for pointing out to our brother minicarph the REAL reason why prices of commodities including cars, increase. sir arrgh.

Now tama na at off topic na tayo.

First thing I thought when i saw the new vitara is ladder frame pa kaya ito? My initial hunch was no. My suspicions were correct. Monocoque chassis na siya.

Another strategy of suzuki that i didn’t understand. Yes off road ready ang previous vitara and current jimny. But who needs this feature nowadays? They finally realized this time i guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    hindi pa din kasi yun Chevy Trailblazer same price as offered in late of 2016. the suzukis hindi din nag-increase in fact they were offering so much discounts na.

eh di ba ngaun lang natin na-witness ang matinde price increase, Fortuner naging from 1.4M to 1.5M entry level, MUX from 1.3M to 1.6M.

it's the demand that raise the prices, not inflation. basic of economics yan. and since the demand of Isuzu, Toyota are high, kabi-kabila din ang open ng dealership network nila both in Manila and provinces.

while Chevy and Suzuki na hinde mabile ang cars, walang inflation coz there is not demand with their products. so now, Suzuki has smarten up, alam nya na kahit ano pa i-release nya basta mataas ang presyo malabo, so ni-release nya tamang bang for the buck.

parang Tim Horton's lang yan, tim horton's conservative sa pag branch out. halos 3 lang nationwide. kita mo lagi puno. pero starbucks, coffee bean branch ng branch out lagi naman wala tao. saka yan Tim Horton's pansin ko halos 14 ang tao per shift, tapos masaya sila. sa starbucks 3-4 per branch na personnel tapos simangot.