New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Since we are into talk-talk about the face-lifted Suzuki APV. Suzuki also launched a Landy!
    Suzuki Landy - minivan with 3-rows of seats for 8 passengers

Suzuki launched the new Landy on its domestic market today. The new minivan which features 3-rows of seats and it offers seating for 8 passengers is supplied by Nissan on an OEM basis.

Landy features 2.0-liter engine, CVT transmission, automatic air-conditioning, dual sliding doors.

Suzuki hopes to sell 700 Landy vans a month.
    Pictures:

Hmmm... Based kaya ito sa Nissan Grand Livina?
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hmm... is this a good business decision for Suzuki? It's two vans (this Landy and the current APV) will just end up competing with each other...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mqavila View Post
    Hmm... is this a good business decision for Suzuki? It's two vans (this Landy and the current APV) will just end up competing with each other...
    Kaya for this reason malabong ilabas yan d2.

Sana eto na lang d2. Sama ng FC ng APV.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Not really, the FC has a lot of factors. And the APV is not in category with the Getz. I would rate it good though because it can give you an 8. Similar to the Vitara et al with the same displacement and almost similar weight. Plus the APV has more drag compared to your car, and the list goes on...

The funny thing is, most or some people want to expect a fuel consumption of a Honda Jazz in a gasoline van and there goes the hesitant attitude. Each car has its pro's and con's, you just have to think wiser. Is FC > SPACE for 8 or SPACE for 8 > FC.

I don't think it will compete with the APV because the Landy is a minivan and the APV is a microvan. If that car will arrive in our shores, expect the prices to be higher than the APV.

Can't find more info and photos. All searches I did results to the old Landy.
    iam3739.com

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    looks more uspcale than the apv.
    but it looks smaller. but i guess it
    might be a notch above the apv.
    if it ever gets here, it may be pitted
    against the innova?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    sirs, the suzuki landy was launched the same year that the apv was released (check suzukisport.com) so as you could see, the headlamps of the landy is exactly the same used by the suzuki apv. in short dito binase ang APV. the landy is only to be sold in japan and maybe even be shipped to the US or EU. for this reason, the counterpart of suzuki landy is suzuki APV, which is why they launched the APV here so as to cut costs as well as to strengthen suzuki's market here in SEA.

with respect to fuel consumption tama lang naman ang FC ng apv ah. what would you expect, a 10-15kms/L? hahaha! bro, this is not your daily hatchback/ small car. it hauls 8 people, though size is shorter or exactly the same size as an average hatch. and dun palang amazing na ang allocation ng space...and that is suzuki philosophy, which applies the principles of kei cars to cute rides as the apv

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks for the clarification sir j-six.

Hmmm, which makes me think, what will happen if you load a hatchback with 8 people and their baggage?
    iam3739.com

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    nice one yun ah. it's theoretically possible provided you have 1.3L engine, wag lang aakyat sa bundok

Suzuki Landy