New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 318 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Tifosi,

pls post your review after you test drive the jimny. it's one of the cars in my short list. when i test-rode it kasi, isang ikot lang kami sa block. i liked the vantage point, kasi mataas, but i didn't even notice na bouncy ang ride, though my friend swears that it is. oh well.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I can speak quite authoritatively on this matter and will say that the Jimny is almost if not equally as capable offroad as the Samurai (and nobody disputes the samurais ability in that arena). It's only limitation offroad is the fact that the front end now has a spoiler/chin which affects its approach angle. It is true that the jimny is a bit stiff but that was a consequence of the intended design of the vehicle. it wasn't meant to be a sedan. if you want a carlike ride, get a car. Otherwise, you can go for aftermarket springs and shocks that will surely soften the ride and lengthen it too (Old Man Emu or Rancho). There's a ton of aftermarket parts in Japan as well. For me, this would be the ideal vehicle had it come out 2 years ago in the Philippines before I got the Samurai. The engine is adequate for our city traffic and will see the better part of 130 kph on the highway. No, it's not the fastest SUV out there but it wasn't meant to be. i don't know how many of you like traveling at these speeds on a constant basis. I enjoy the fact that I can put it on top of a sidewalk and still have space for pedestrians to walk :P Sure there are other choices out there that are more spacious or bigger or faster but the total package, in my opinion, is ideal for the type of traffic and roads we have here. Just my 2 cents!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    By the way, treating the Jimny as merely an "urban Offroader" is like using an M-249 Squad Automatic Weapon for plinking and target practice. Sure you can use it that way but it would be a waste of such fine potential! Offroad vehicles always look best when dressed in Clay Red or Mud Brown!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wolfpack I called up George Ferrer I might go to GM Makati this weekend. Ok yung binigay niya na prices ha, lower than PhilHino by P30K :D

April_Ryan I'll keep you posted as to the review hehe

:D

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    He used to work for me before he wont disappoint you. His Gen Manager is a Friend of mine They will take care of you there.

Trust wolverine he is associated with Delta Recon which is probably the club who LOOKS for trouble out in the trails they are all suzuki people and really go for the 'Hard Stuff"

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack
    He used to work for me before he wont disappoint you. His Gen Manager is a Friend of mine They will take care of you there.

Trust wolverine he is associated with Delta Recon which is probably the club who LOOKS for trouble out in the trails they are all suzuki people and really go for the 'Hard Stuff"
    Thanks Will try to go tomorrow

hey,

any update on the test drive?

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Onga update naman...my gf is planning to buy one as well... :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi peeps!

April_Ryan we haven't gotten around to test driving it. Been really hectic these past few weeks.

wolverine went to GM Makati a few weeks ago, but I wasn't able to talk to George, yung g/f ko ang kausap niya (g/f ko kasi bibili,ehehe). Ang offer nila is P580K if I remember correctly for the JLX M/T. You have to add 15K ata for the foglamps, forgot how much yung alarm. In the end, PhilHino gave my g/f a better offer, P590K++ ata, JLX M/T, may foglamps & alarm na (CODE ata).

Test drive notwithstanding, my g/f's going for the Jimny! :lol:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganda jimny...yan yung binili ng dad ko for my sis..also borrowed it nung nag antipolo ako for a camp na nacancel...i can say na its a very very capable off roader!! :D nimble handling din siya and mabilis despite the 1.3l engine..loved that car alot during my trip but i love my car more. :mrgreen:
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

Suzuki JIMNY [merged threads]