New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Sa mga may hilig sa mga kotse Suzuki, ano ba talaga ang tunay na Suzuki Escudo?

Please help me find the truth about the real Suzuki Escudo vehicle.

No Stereotyping Please...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Suzuki Escudo is the name of the Suzuki Vitara in other countries.

From Wikipedia:

"The Suzuki Escudo (known as Sidekick in North America, and Vitara in Europe, the Philippines and Australia, as well as North America after 1999) is a small off-road vehicle that was produced from 1988 to 2004. The North American version was produced as a joint venture between Suzuki and General Motors known as CAMI. The vehicle was a follow-up to the popular SJ413 and Samurai. Also, this vehicle, while sold in North America, was designed to slot above the Samurai. A larger version is also made, known as the Suzuki Grand Escudo (known as Grand Vitara XL-7 in other markets)."

Sa Philippines, Suzuki Vitara lang ata dinala ng Suzuki Philippines here. Kadalasan yung mga Suzuki Escudo sa roads natin ay imports from other countries and may have been converted from right hand to left hand drive. May mga left hand drives rin ata na direct imports from Saudi. If converted yung vehicle, medyo iba na yung configuration ng mga parts ng engine nun, like the throttle body, iba yung placement ng throttle cable. I tried to replace mine before with a surplus Escudo throttle body, iba yung orientation ng throttle cable. If you need deeper insights, i suggest visiting our Vitara Club of The Philippines forum:
    http://4x4ph.com/forum/index.php?showforum=21

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Ah! Akala ko ang pagkaitindi niyo sa Suzuki Escudo, isa siyang super fast na 900+bhp na kotse na karaniwang nasa Gran Turismo series.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    hahah gets ko rin yang sa Gran Turismo, highly modified Suzuki Vitara (A.K.A. Escudo) yun na gamit ni Monster Tajima, a Japanese hillclimb racer, doon sa Pikes Peak hillclimbing race sa USA. Yung mga Suzukis na gamit niya doon na Escudo minsan twin engines, o kaya mga V6 hehe

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Vitara = Escudo = sidekick.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Vitara = Sidekick and Geolander
    Escudo is almost like the Vitara but only 3 doors and was not sold locally

My two cents

Suzuki Escudo questions