New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    hi! im a student creating a marketing brief as one of our requirements for this semester and the product that me and my partner is working on is suzuki swift. in line with this, we are conducting a survey to analyze and to know very well the market along with its consumers. it would be really great if you could help me by answering these set of questions.

1. what is it that you are looking for in a car? why do you want your car to be that way?

2. how did you become interested in suzuki swift?

(questions 3-5) if you are already an owner..

3. what made you buy it?

4. why did you choose this rather than its competitors such as the honda jazz or the toyota yaris?

5. are you satisfied with the car, or do you have any regrets with it? do you have any wishes for the car? why or why not?

6. if you are planning to buy your first car, will you choose to buy swift? why/why not?

7. what advantages do you think this car has?

8. what benefits do you think will give this to its owner?

9. considering some issues that has something to do with vehicles (traffic, parking, gasoline, etc) is suzuki swift a smart buy?

* if there is anything that you wish to add, feel free to do so. it will be very helpful.

thank you so much. your cooperation is highly appreciated. God bless!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hauman624 View Post
    hi! im a student creating a marketing brief as one of our requirements for this semester and the product that me and my partner is working on is suzuki swift. in line with this, we are conducting a survey to analyze and to know very well the market along with its consumers. it would be really great if you could help me by answering these set of questions.

1. what is it that you are looking for in a car? why do you want your car to be that way?

DURABILITY, AESTHETICALLY PLEASING AND COMPETITIVE PRICE

UNCANNY RESEMBLANCE TO THE MINI COOPER

3. what made you buy it?

LOOKS. STILL FEEL HAPPY SEEING IT IN OUR GARAGE EVERY MORNING. IT'S BEEN WITH US FOR 2 YEARS BUT UP TO NOW I STILL CAN'T GET OVER HOW GOOD LOOKING THIS LITTLE CAR IS.

4. why did you choose this rather than its competitors such as the honda jazz or the toyota yaris?

NO OFFENSE TO JAZZ AND YARIS OWNERS BUT....JAZZ TOO COMMON AND A BIT TOY LIKE. YARIS, I EVEN WAITED FOR THIS MODEL WHICH DELAYED MY PURCHASE BY 3 MONTHS BUT AFTER SEEING AND TEST DRIVING IT AT TPMC, I FOUND THE FIT AND FINISH OF THE INTERIOR A BIT WANTING.

5. are you satisfied with the car, or do you have any regrets with it? do you have any wishes for the car? why or why not?

I BOUGHT THE CAR FOR MY KIDS. ELDEST IS IN COLLEGE AND THE SWIFT WILL EVENTUALLY BE HANDED DOWN TO MY YOUNGEST WHO'S IN 2ND YEAR HS. ALL IN ALL, IT WILL BE IN USED FOR 8-10 YEARS HENCE, MY CRITERIA FOR DURABILITY IS QUITE HIGH. VERY SATISFIED SO FAR AND 2 YEARS RUNNING, THE CAR STILL DRIVES LIKE NEW. WE LOVE IT AS IT IS.

6. if you are planning to buy your first car, will you choose to buy swift? why/why not?

IF YOU'RE SINGLE OR EVEN A SMALL FAMILY OF 3 THE SWIFT WOULD BE A NICE CAR.

CBU JAPAN. IT'S PERFORMING VERY WELL AT JWRC (JUNIOR WORLD RALLYE CHAMPIONSHIP) AND THIS PARTICULAR MODEL SOLD WELL IN EUROPE AND THE U.S.

DURABILITY. JUDGING FROM THE OTHER VEHICLES FROM THIS MANUFACTURER. VITARA AND SAMURAI COMES TO MIND.

9. considering some issues that has something to do with vehicles (traffic, parking, gasoline, etc) is suzuki swift a smart buy?

DEFINITELY! MY DAILY DRIVE IS AN INNOVA. WHENEVER I HAVE A CHANCE TO USE OUR SWIFT I ALWAYS CHOOSE IT OVER THE INNOVA AS IT'S MUCH MORE FUN, SPIRITED AND EASY TO DRIVE.

* if there is anything that you wish to add, feel free to do so. it will be very helpful.

WHEN I MADE THE DECISION TO GO FOR THE SWIFT, THE 3 FINAL CONTENDERS WERE THE SWIFT, YARIS AND THE JAZZ. THE YARIS WAS NOT IN THE FINAL 2 AS I WAS NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE INTERIORS AS WELL AS THE SPECS. THE SWIFT BUMPED THE JAZZ FROM THE TOP SPOT BECAUSE OF 2 REASONS; 1. IT'S CBU JAPAN (JAZZ IS CBU THAILAND) AND 2. THE "MINI" LOOK.

PLUS YOU GOTTA LOVE THAT DROP IN TURBOCHARGER! WILL DO THE ENGINE MODS AFTER THE WARRANTY....A YEAR TO GO

YOU'RE WELCOME. HOPE YOU GET HIGH GRADES WITH YOUR PROJECT

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i'm speaking on behalf of my Mum.
    1. fuel consumption ; it's cute in every way specially on red

2. i introduced it to my mum by showing her the C! magazine and got psyched out

3. need for a fuel efficient vehicle in a cute package

4. because it doesn't look boring and very easy to drive. even my 1st year high school sister can drive it

5. very much satisfied. the only regret is not having another unit(if it would be me, i want the jWRC unit)

6. (if it's my mum, yes) me? sure, it's a rally platform for the jWRC mind you

7. quick acceleration, light steering(like a gocart), toycar image, very fuel efficient and it doesn't get old

8. it's very practical, fairly easy to maintain(since we have parts in the province), good value for money, passenger oriented

9. yes, since it doesn't drink lots of gas and is easy to park(due to light and precise steering)

in a contry that believes in 2 brands, this car stands out from the rest. due to its small number of owners, it doesn't get old and gives you a head turning impression
    Last edited by safeorigin; November 23rd, 2008 at 06:56 PM.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008

*The Swift has the perfect sporty look- more like a mini copper

* thru seeing some of it running on the streets that catches always my attention...

3. what made you buy it?

*After a long test drive with it, i really feel comfortable driving,
    aircon were superb on an 11:30 am drive and interior color
    is very decent and optimistic.

*Was planning Toyota Yaris before buying my swift. But it took me a month to wait for the Yaris and so i did tried Swift and never had any regrets.

*So far, of course Yes! it brightens up my day waking and seeing it in our garage and i wish it could be as new as it look now...

*Yes... everything in this car has it all.... the look, the comfort, speed,
    and the stock sound system is great.

*Most people seeing me driving and parking this car always have complements saying its cute and looking good.

*its low fuel consumption even i have the 4speed automatic trans
    at 1.5

*Oh yeah, it great on traffic due to its size. And its a smart buy for me.

* Its a awesome car!...You really love it.

heres my Swift:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004

1. what is it that you are looking for in a car? why do you want your car to be that way? Affordable, reliable and durable. Considering that a car is a diminishing investment, it helps to get the most value out of it for as long as possible.

2. how did you become interested in suzuki swift? The publicity was intriguing enough, but I became more piqued when I was able to ride in a coworker's Swift. Since then, I've been daydreaming about having one.

6. if you are planning to buy your first car, will you choose to buy swift? why/why not? Depends on one's civil status. A Swift is not a bad choice for singles. But for those with a relatively large family, the Swift is better off as a weekend toy.

7. what advantages do you think this car has? Aesthetics are certainly pleasant, as is the small size which makes it very maneuverable in traffic. The 1.5L engine makes it very nimble. The way this car grips the road while negotiating tight corners is notable, too. And of course, fit and finish are superb, the Swift being CBU from Japan.

8. what benefits do you think will give this to its owner? Its light weight certainly contributes to its fuel efficiency, which translates into savings for the owner; this is even more so for the manual variant. An added plus is the 2-year free PMS.

9. considering some issues that has something to do with vehicles (traffic, parking, gasoline, etc) is suzuki swift a smart buy? I think so.

I do wish Suzuki offers a turbo upgrade while keeping the vehicle warranty intact.

Still wishing for my own Swift...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007

1. what is it that you are looking for in a car? it has to look uniquewhy do you want your car to be that way? it must reflect my personality and follow my lifestyle

2. how did you become interested in suzuki swift? looks

3. what made you buy it? it is expensive for its size,

4. why did you choose this rather than its competitors such as the honda jazz or the toyota yaris? i find the two cars (jazz and yaris) too ordinary -- maybe because of the badge they're wearing.

5. are you satisfied with the car, or do you have any regrets with it? do you have any wishes for the car? why or why not? very satisfied. its makes me more pogi

6. if you are planning to buy your first car, will you choose to buy swift? why/why not? Id buy an SUV

7. what advantages do you think this car has? Nothing other than its looks. Its rack and pinion gave up after two and a half years, or 37 thou KM of cruising. And the sad part is, Suzuki doesnt want to publicize its recall

8. what benefits do you think will give this to its owner? if the owner is male it will make him look pogi, if female, reckless

9. considering some issues that has something to do with vehicles (traffic, parking, gasoline, etc) is suzuki swift a smart buy? i would say yes

* if there is anything that you wish to add, feel free to do so. it will be very helpful. bring your swift back to its casa, claim the warranty for its rack and pinion. believe me there is an unpblicized recall

thanks too and merry christmas!

questions regarding Suzuki Swift