New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It all boils down on attitude and driving habits.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ung gran vitara ung 2.0L, ung gran vitara XL7 V6 naman ang makina.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung mga huling Vitara na lumabas sa U.S. and yung mga ex-JDM na Escudo sa Subic available with a 2.0l engine.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    7-8 km/l city driving.......

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What I like:
    1. Small, compact size. Can park anywhere especially in tight spaces. Easy to maneuver
    2. Toy-like, boxy dashboard. That's why I call my zuk "KIDDO"
    3. Good seats with side support. Seat height and placement is excellent with good commanding view of the road. Even if I'm over 6'1", I have enough legroom for my knees without it having to hit the steering column - something which I cannot do in our Trooper. Rear seats are firm also
    4. Powerful engine. Good power to weight ratio
    5. Body style. I like the "boxy" form.
    6. Full-frame chassis with manual transfercase. No electronics here!!!
    7. Location of electronics (ignition coil, spark plugs, ECU) - located high. Hmmm.. did Suzuki envision the Vitara to be a good water forder?

What I despise:
    1. No "low fuel indicator" light!!! Grrrrr....
    2. Door upholstery tears due to shrinkage. I believe this is a factory defect for all Vitara owners since 1995. Siguro thats the reason why the new models currently have different upholstery materials na.
    3. Weak aircon.
    4. Spare parts prices are higher than other car manufacturers
    5. Very matagtag stock factory suspension setup with the stock coils and stock shocks
    6. Low alternator amperage rating
    7. Fuel economy - heard some stories of other Vitaras going as low as 5-6km/li

How about you guys?

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    I've never owned one pero I think napakareliable nito. My uncle bought his one, back in '93 and used it for 6 years pero sa loob ng panahong yon ay di man lang ito nagkaproblema. Pinalitan lang nyang mga parts ay yong parts due to wear and tear. Smooth ang ride halos di mo ramdam ang lubak sa daan. UK version ito.

Last time nong umuwi ako ng Phil, naghire ako ng Vitara for a month. Mas gusto ko itong idrive kaysa sa kotse dahil medyo mataas ang driving position pero di naman kalakihan kaya madaling imanueuver. Malaki ang difference ng hatak ng manual kaysa sa auto although mas gusto ko pa rin ang auto (tamad ako). I think it's also a good secondhand buy dahil di ito masyadong mahal.

Meron bang FATBOY BODYKIT na available dyan sa Phil.

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    What I Like,
    I like the boxy style of the Vitara. I own the Gen 1 Vitara. It is handsomely Rugged anywhere you look at it.
    I like the Size. Mine is a 5 door type. It is not too long nor too short. The same also for the Wheelbase.
    I like its Toughness. Vitara has a Ladder type Chassis. It can go to any terrain you put in it and never worry about breakdown.
    I like its Mechanically straighforward and Simplicity design. The same goes to its Suspension System. It can easily be serviced and repaired.
    I like its Water Fording ability. Experienced several Flash Floods in Metro Manila and paranaque.
    Parts Availability are abundance. Brand New parts and Surplus are easily available. Prices of parts are Comparable or even lesser than a Civic!(I previously own one).
    Power and Overdrive is just a Click away. All Automatic Tranny Vitara has a Power and Overdrive Switch in which they can turn it on when the need arises or turn it off for Fuel economy.
    Gas Consumption is comparable to a 1.6 liter Sedan.

Despise?
    The Aircon is a little Weak.

Overall, The Vitara is an all around people hauler. Its Rugged looks and Toughness far outweighs its weaknesses. Though it is only a 1.6 liter engine, But its serious 4wd 4Lo Tranny and the proper gear ratio in Vitara puts power in when you needed it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i like the design...even if it's kinda old...nagagandahan parin ako sa porma ng amin ngayon...

i like the compact design..parang wlaang nasasayang na space when im using it.
    =================
    i hate its fuel consumption...5-6km/liters lang (matic)

i hate its turtle-like acceleration (matic) ahihihihihi..tapos hindi pa siya smooth.

stock ride is so....wobbly!?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not much suspension flex no?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maliit ang extension, di pa bumababa ang goma sa sidesills.

GEN I Suzuki Vitara 88-up [merged]