New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

Biggest plus is the hybrid version's A/C will work even with the engine off. so for those times when you go out to withdraw sa ATM, or waiting for your order sa drive through, or just waiting for a friend sa parking lot... your car will not be burning gas.

in the link you'll see that ISG is directly belted to the crankshaft. so isg cant' spin the a/c compressor if engine is off. and i don't think there's enough juice in the li-ion battery to run the a/c for any significant amount of time

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    in the link you'll see that ISG is directly belted to the crankshaft. so isg cant' spin the a/c compressor if engine is off. and i don't think there's enough juice in the li-ion battery to run the a/c for any significant amount of time
    sorry, I thought it now uses an electric a/c compressor.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Couple this with the engine on/off "feature", does that mean I can't idle for long periods of time (ie. waiting in the parking lot while wife gets a massage)?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jepster View Post
    Couple this with the engine on/off "feature", does that mean I can't idle for long periods of time (ie. waiting in the parking lot while wife gets a massage)?
    This is a really good question. What if you just want to idle the car for sometime like in this situation or to charge a battery that was slightly discharged.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    This is a really good question. What if you just want to idle the car for sometime like in this situation or to charge a battery that was slightly discharged.
    yung napanood ko may button to deactivate the start-stop feature.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014

there's the ISG. separate belt from the compressor belt, and seems to be a bit wider

battery is under the driver's seat

yes there's an A.S.S.-off button

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    I am curious about the 12V ISG Li-ion Battery Pack they are using. Any idea how big the capacity is in kwh? And, my understanding to get an apples to apples to compare, we should use/convert it to the "appropriate" equivalent voltage for other Li-ion similar to other thread to get a sense of "scale" to compare. The Corolla Cross Hybrid is on a +/-220v design while the Kicks is at +/-350v design. So you just to establish an Amperage to get volt*ampere that is a direct translation to watts.

Per business world article about the Ertiga Hybrid, the output of the ISG adds about 3.1hp and 50nm of torque
    https://www.bworldonline.com/velocit...ified-vehicle/

There is no brake regen at all, so, for me, other than the additional torque (hp too neglible to matter much) It's more like a larger super capacitor of the Skyactiv allowing for the "smoother" start stop system to function.

Per CG PH & BWworld article, Suzuki PH estimates city driving improvement of 7.6% for "city driving condition" logging it at 12.54km/l. It's not great, but not a bad improvement in FC given there isn't much of a price effect for the ISG being added to the car. Having the ISG has, to my mind, at least removed the need to consider equipping the Ertiga with a turbo engine as the additional torque had been provided by the ISG already to meet an "adequate" performance when fully laden.

Based on the CG PH article when they drove on a weekend, while traffic was light, they said they got 16.12km/l with average speed logged at 22kmph. Not bad. I wonder how it would do on a highway run where they maintain at least 80kph to 90kph speed.

Am just curious to compare because of my friend's Kicks e-Power. As with previous updates I posted about how he did. City Driving at very low average speed of 12 to 14kph due to rush hour traffic, he is able to get 14 to 16km/l (the variable is the amount of idling time while stuck in traffic causing the 2km/l swing even with similar speed). Well, he had just been to Batangas over 2 weekend. In one trip, per his attempts to maintain 100kph while in SLEX and Star Toll with some "Bursts" to 110kph to overtake, he managed to get a reading of 45kph average speed (including travel outside highway setting), manual automatic full tank yielded 19.5km/l average.
    On his second trip, he only went to 100kph to overtake, mainly maintaining around 80-90kph speed in the highway. He had a reading of around 40kph average when he did his full tank, and it yielded around +/- 22km/l.

So for the e-Power at least, it's not "as efficient" when on highway setting. It's really great in stop and go city driving conditions.

For the Suzuki Ertiga Hybrid, I am of the assumption that, on a highway/mixed driving condition run, could it get around 20km/l with average speed recorded at 40-45kmph? or will it peak at around 18-19km/l? I know the Corolla Cross Hybrid can and will beat the Kick's FC in mixed and highway conditions with how it is designed.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    I am curious about the 12V ISG Li-ion Battery Pack they are using. Any idea how big the capacity is in kwh? And, my understanding to get an apples to apples to compare, we should use/convert it to the "appropriate" equivalent voltage for other Li-ion similar to other thread to get a sense of "scale" to compare. The Corolla Cross Hybrid is on a +/-220v design while the Kicks is at +/-350v design. So you just to establish an Amperage to get volt*ampere that is a direct translation to watts.

Per business world article about the Ertiga Hybrid, the output of the ISG adds about 3.1hp and 50nm of torque
    https://www.bworldonline.com/velocit...ified-vehicle/

There is no brake regen at all, so, for me, other than the additional torque (hp too neglible to matter much) It's more like a larger super capacitor of the Skyactiv allowing for the "smoother" start stop system to function.

Per CG PH & BWworld article, Suzuki PH estimates city driving improvement of 7.6% for "city driving condition" logging it at 12.54km/l. It's not great, but not a bad improvement in FC given there isn't much of a price effect for the ISG being added to the car. Having the ISG has, to my mind, at least removed the need to consider equipping the Ertiga with a turbo engine as the additional torque had been provided by the ISG already to meet an "adequate" performance when fully laden.

Based on the CG PH article when they drove on a weekend, while traffic was light, they said they got 16.12km/l with average speed logged at 22kmph. Not bad. I wonder how it would do on a highway run where they maintain at least 80kph to 90kph speed.

Am just curious to compare because of my friend's Kicks e-Power. As with previous updates I posted about how he did. City Driving at very low average speed of 12 to 14kph due to rush hour traffic, he is able to get 14 to 16km/l (the variable is the amount of idling time while stuck in traffic causing the 2km/l swing even with similar speed). Well, he had just been to Batangas over 2 weekend. In one trip, per his attempts to maintain 100kph while in SLEX and Star Toll with some "Bursts" to 110kph to overtake, he managed to get a reading of 45kph average speed (including travel outside highway setting), manual automatic full tank yielded 19.5km/l average.
    On his second trip, he only went to 100kph to overtake, mainly maintaining around 80-90kph speed in the highway. He had a reading of around 40kph average when he did his full tank, and it yielded around +/- 22km/l.

So for the e-Power at least, it's not "as efficient" when on highway setting. It's really great in stop and go city driving conditions.

For the Suzuki Ertiga Hybrid, I am of the assumption that, on a highway/mixed driving condition run, could it get around 20km/l with average speed recorded at 40-45kmph? or will it peak at around 18-19km/l? I know the Corolla Cross Hybrid can and will beat the Kick's FC in mixed and highway conditions with how it is designed.

the way to compare different battery packs that's voltage-agnostic is "watt hours"

ertiga-hybrid has brake regen that's primarily how it recharges the li-ion but it just piggybacks on the engine braking effect

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    the way to compare different battery packs that's voltage-agnostic is "watt hours"
    Yes. We know the voltage and just need the amps, to get the watts part to balance the 'equation" right? because we can assume the "hour' is constant.

ertiga-hybrid has brake regen that's primarily how it recharges the li-ion but it just piggybacks on the engine braking effect
    My bad regarding this part. I misunderstood the paragraph in the carguide article.

"It doesn’t power down the engine as you coast to a stop (it only switches off the engine when you’re already completely still), nor does it use the brakes to recoup energy to recharge the lithium-ion battery (it only uses deceleration)."

I thought that meant it has no regen braking at all on first reading.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Saw this in the flesh yesterday in the mall and the only obvious visible change as far as i can tell is its grills. I think it works for the car.

I think it's price is now at par w/ the cushier xl 7. But that was then because I think the xl 7 will also have a higher sticker price once the mild hybrid model is out and about.

Sent from my RMX3690 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by baludoy; January 27th, 2023 at 11:01 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast