New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede yan bi directional ang tires mo, di ba pareho tayong naka bridgestone MT

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    exactly. I'll flip the tires na lang muna. sana walang problema sa suspension. I was told before that upon lifting the tbars, the alignment can be a little hard to fix.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    malamang mayadong positive ang camber mo.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    tingin ko sa tbar crank..what doyou think?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by notEworthy27
    on all four tires maspudpod ang nasa outer thread ng tire.yung nasa loob makapal pa. what could be the cause of this? is it safe to flip the tire? backside will be the frontside na.
    Common yan for IFS-torsion bars setups, lalo na pag wala sa camber alignment. Tuwing full turn mo medyo naka-hilig sa outer tread yung mga goma plus ito ang humihila ng buong front weight ng sasakyan.

Pwede mong i-swap left-right & vice versa pero mas ramdam mo ang tread vibrations, kasi dun na umukit/nasanay ang upod ng goma. Mas maganda kung front-rear swap and hope na pumantay ang upod pag nilipat sa hulihan.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Ano ba ang ride mo? Have it checked by experts and see kung ano ang sasabihin nila.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    Common yan for IFS-torsion bars setups, lalo na pag wala sa camber alignment. Tuwing full turn mo medyo naka-hilig sa outer tread yung mga goma plus ito ang humihila ng buong front weight ng sasakyan.

Pwede mong i-swap left-right & vice versa pero mas ramdam mo ang tread vibrations, kasi dun na umukit/nasanay ang upod ng goma. Mas maganda kung front-rear swap and hope na pumantay ang upod pag nilipat sa hulihan.

I did swith the tire from front to rear. hmmm...parang kelangan na ng suspension lift... :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas lalong madali ang tread wear pag suspension lifted sabay di tama ang alignment.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    probably the camber is on negative (too much)... pa-check mo na rin yung toe and caster ng front...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    If only the outer treads are worn, this can very well mean too much POSITIVE camber on a MacPherson strut type suspension. Another reason for this is cornering too fast on double-A arms suspension with a weak anti-roll bar. (For some reason, McPherson struts aren't as much susceptible to this as are double-A arms suspensions.)

Why the uneven wear pattern occurs on ALL 4 tires is because you "rotated" the tires front-to-back on the same side. What's likely happening is your front suspension has too much positive camber thus causing the uneven wear pattern, and switching tires on the same side merely exposed the previously unworn tires to the same stress, thus affecting all 4 tires.

But if your car has 4-wheel independent suspension, it's also possible that all 4 corners have been wrongly cambered.

Independent suspensions normally have a little bit of NEGATIVE camber dialed in to counter the tendency of the tires to lean together with the car during turns.

To ease some of the confusion:
    Positive Camber = tires of the same axle are closer at the bottom (parang toe-in pababa)

Negative Camber = tires of the same axle lean inwards at the top.

Hope that helps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
uneven tire bite