New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Hi! Just acquired a used car a couple of months ago (my first). Ok naman xa then but recently I noticed prang tumabingi. Sabi sa shop my tagas shocks and malambot na spring so I had all 4 coil springs and rear shocks changed but still passenger side is about 2cm+ lower or closer to the ground. What could be wrong with it?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^what car, some cars kasi really are not pantay (as experienced sa lancer).
    you can use a rubber lifter too para magpantay ang stance.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Have you looked at the control arm bushings. Sometimes they wear out and can make thinks look and feel WAY off.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    It's actually '97 lancer. Ah so ganun pla talaga pag lancer.. one suggested nga to add shims under the right springs e kso it would reduce naman working range of the springs so I thought something else must be wrong kung bago naman lahat ng springs ko. Sumasabit parin kasi ung likod.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Bushings are ok naman daw sabi dati ng mechanic...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lancer pala.... its a common condition with the pizzas, imho. just use a rubber lifter.
    try mo na din icheck ito:

http://www.mitsulancerph.net/yabb2/Y...1235870718/5#5
    Last edited by 1D4LV; August 12th, 2009 at 12:44 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Kind of strange that it's the passenger side that's lower; usually it's the driver's side that's lower because that has the weight of the driver on it more often.

Should be okay, but if you're alarmed rubber or aluminum lifters would do the job. Better aluminum for me personally because there's no springing effect from the material, unlike rubber.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    what if fuego car ko then hindi pantay ung likod, driver side. what po pwede gawin?

tnx

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    thanks for all the responses..cge I'll try your suggestions. Nakkahiya nadin minsan pag may sasakay, I tell them that the heaviest should be seatd sa driver's side. Buti na lang nanay ko ung pinakamabigat.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    San po ang may problema sa likod o sa harap. Ewan ko lang, pero paki-check po yung shock mounts baka worn-out o lomobo na yung mga rubbers components. mga isa o dalawang pulgada din ang subsob ng affected side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Uneven ride height...