New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hi,

Kabibili ko lang ng ride ko corolla 97 GLI. pansin ko lang mabigat ang steering wheel parang hindi power. Any idea kung ano ang problema?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maraming factors...

- power steering fluid, check also if leaking
    - underpressured tires
    - busted suspension
    - etc

other than that, am moving this thread to the workshop...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Loose power steering belt? Wrong PS fluid?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    mazda, thanks for moving my post to relevant thread.

Anyway, checked the ps fluid, tire pressure, and replaced the steering belt. pero mabigat talaga parang hindi power ang steering I've to use 2 hands to maneuver. I'm thinking of bringing the car for check up sa greasebee this coming saturday. Mas maganda seguro kung may idea na ako kung ano ang may diprensya at magkano aabutin. Suspension is ok pa din.

Jackaroo, what do you mean wrong PS fluid? iba-iba ba ang type ng PS fluid? Pwede ba i-explain.

Any things i've got to check???

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    just curious...pag me sira(as in totally sira) ba ung conventional power steering e ano ung effect? Parang ala pawis-steering(ung ordinary steering) ba, or mas matigas pa dun? Or do you lose control of the car totally?(malabo ata IMHO; the enginners have probably thought about that possibility and made sure that wouldn't happen)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try to check also the hoses... maybe one is about to give way. Or, it could also be possible that the previous owner/seller changed the PS hose(s) to a new one but with a different/wrong size... this can affect the PS performance and if so, its adviseable to change it ASAP to one with the proper spec.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sige check ko yung hose later... how can i tell if it is the proper hose specss? hmmmm... iba ba ang fit?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    bongerds
    Most cars specify ATF dex2 or 3 for PS fluid, but honda uses their own PSF. If the former owner did not follow or own a manual, he could have used gear oil, engine oil as psf.

Also check the ps system for dirt if they've never changed the fluid. Worn Ball joints could also cause hard steering.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Or it could be you got so used to the overbooseted power assist systems of your former cars. The AE101's PS is calibrated to be heavier unlike in other cars. This was done to increase 'steering feel'. We used to have that model and it was really heavier compared to my '77 Benz and '88 Pajero.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Jackaroo, you mean yung auto-transmission fluid ang ginagamit din sa PS. Matic kasi ang ride ko. Kung ganoon baka kailangan i-drain yung PS fluid.

Otep, you maybe right if compared with other cars matigas lang din seguro. pero yung iba kasi na-try ko pwedeng i-steer with light pressure lang para bang nakapatong lang yung hand mo without gripping it. Compared with the AE111 mas malambot yung AE111 ng brother ko. Gusto ko sanang pa check next weekends before I change my tires para sabay narin ang wheel alignment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
tough power steering wheel