New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Sirs,

just wanna ask if there would be problem that might arise if i use 185/60 tires in front and 185/65 rear. By the way i'm using Rim 14. Some says, a problem may arise in the uneven wearing of tires, suspension, etc..Can i ask opinions from the masters/mechanic here?

Thanks a lot!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rocel View Post
    Sirs,

just wanna ask if there would be problem that might arise if i use 185/60 tires in front and 185/65 rear. By the way i'm using Rim 14. Some says, a problem may arise in the uneven wearing of tires, suspension, etc..Can i ask opinions from the masters/mechanic here?

Thanks a lot!

there shouldn't be a problem unless you have anti lock brakes or awd drivetrain

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    there shouldn't be a problem unless you have anti lock brakes or awd drivetrain
    sir,thank you!can you please elaborate, i just don't have an idea of "anti lock brakes/awd drivetrain..thank you sir!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rocel View Post
    sir,thank you!can you please elaborate, i just don't have an idea of "anti lock brakes/awd drivetrain..thank you sir!

with abs, all the speed sensors must have the same rotational speed or the same pulses from the wheel speed sensors except on turns for the abs to be able to activate should the wheels start to lock up. as with awd, you will have three differentials; front, center and rear. the center differential will always be compensating regardless you are traveling straight

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I am planning to replace tires for my pajero, currently using bridgestone dueler 31x10.50 R15. Any suggestions for a cost effective yet durable brand of tires.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    with abs, all the speed sensors must have the same rotational speed or the same pulses from the wheel speed sensors except on turns for the abs to be able to activate should the wheels start to lock up. as with awd, you will have three differentials; front, center and rear. the center differential will always be compensating regardless you are traveling straight
    i see, that is only applicable to cars with sensors,am i right sir? since my car is toyota xl 94,would you think it will be safe mechanically wise havin that tire combination?thank you sir!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bombit4 View Post
    I am planning to replace tires for my pajero, currently using bridgestone dueler 31x10.50 R15. Any suggestions for a cost effective yet durable brand of tires.
    Try mo sir Savero.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

tire question