New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    here's a site where you can get stats and different reviews on differnt tire makes. Tirerack does intense testing on the tires they sell using different driving scenarios. From wet, to dry, to snow, also they compare handling, cornering, road noise, wear, etc of different tire brands.

http://www.tirerack.com/

My current Kumho's suck. They're only good for burnouts and donuts IMHO. My all season Sumitomo tires grip and corner better. My next tires I have planned are Toyo T1's once my new rims are available.
    Last edited by Bisdak M3; May 4th, 2005 at 04:58 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    guys singit ko lang tanong since this thread is all about tire specs etc... sorry for the ignorance pero tanong ko lang what does the numbers mean ba? i mean for example 205/55/r17, yung sa first column ano po yun, yung second and third column? want to change tires kasi, but before i could do that, have to know the basics po. thanks.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    first column... how wide the tire is... in millimeters

second column... how thick the sidewall is... in percentage of the 1st column

3rd column... how is the tire's inside radius.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda

thanks for the enlightenment sir mazda... AMEN! ngayon pwede na me maghanap ng tires for my ride... tagal na kasi me naguguluhan bout the numbers eh.. marami po salamat talaga.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ano ba ang decent tire na di kamahal-mahal? ah, este, yung mura (pero di bottom-of-the-barrel) na ok?

i think yoko s306 is the crappiest and cheapest tire out there
    unfortunately i have four! hwehwehwe... 2100 each na pala ngayon. darnit.

i know almost ANY tire would be an upgrade on the s306, pero yun ang pinaka mura eh. ano kaya ang "not much more expensive" e.g. 2500/tire tapos much better? meron ba nun?

my tire size is 205/55/15. i noticed the tire price increases exponentially with the rim size. oh well.. there go my 16" rim ambitions hehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    potenza is better that turanza.

its like the eagle nct 5 & the gt3.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    anu ba ok na tire brand for 16" rims? budget is 12k-13k

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dunlop le mans 702, dunlop formula, bridgestone potenza gt3

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Anyone has contact numbers of shops which sells Falken tires? I'm looking for 215/45/R17. Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda

diba yung 3rd number is the diameter?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Tire Price, Specs & Performance Database