New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Same thing happened to a friend of mine. He was changing his spark plugs when his rear tire blew. Alaskado samin, niloloko namin na pagnagpalit ka ng spark plugs pati gulong dapat palitan.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Hahahaha. Update, pinalitan na namin lahat na gulong (4) ng westlake (napakamahal kasi ng dunlop) ok ba ang westlake?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by reym View Post
    What is the possibility of that guy getting into our garage and poking the tire?
    Poking the tire should not be the cause of the explosion. You could drive an icepick through the tire and it still shouldn't explode. Malamang defective lang yan plus pwede rin over-inflated. Good thing it happened sa garage kaysa while you're driving.

Pwede rin methane gas build-up, similar to a mall explosion recently. . .

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Same thing happened to my then barely 2 year old Kia Besta. I was just standing beside it when it let out a loud bang. One of the rear tire's sidewalls got ripped. Never really found out why. Crappy rubber?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Great factors in considering these "blowouts" are over inflation of tires and "Brittleness" because the tire is too old. I tested it on my own hehe. Kinukurot ko yung rubber and may small pieces na sumasama. It's better to check the tire for bumps etc and tire pressure regularly and always look at the date of manufacture when buying a tire. Don't rely on tire threads alone. Just my 2 cents.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Saan po ba makikita manufacturing date?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Check those numbers on the surface of the rubber. It has date codes. Here's a link for better understanding ng mga date codes sa mga gulong natin.
    Watch out for old tires.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by reym View Post
    Hahahaha. Update, pinalitan na namin lahat na gulong (4) ng westlake (napakamahal kasi ng dunlop) ok ba ang westlake?
    tanong ko rin yan about westlake. sobrang mura. pero kakatakot based on the report na pinaparecall ng US.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...light=westlake

laki kasi difference sa price of other brands. pero napapadalawang isip ako dahil sa kwentong to. tsk tsk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Tire Mystery