New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    woah! thats BS!

its not normal. a brake is a brake.

might as well alisin na lang if it will not do its job.

baka nga lemon car yun crv mo.

file a formal complaint na.
    lol hindi po substitute ang handbrake sa brake talaga ng sasakyan. basahin nyu sa manual nakaindicate naman dun kung anu ang handbrake! may limitation po ang handbrake or footbrake (hindi ung mismo preno ah)

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ganito yung montero pag nakabitin sa ramps pa exit sa basement ng makati cinema square. Kailangan sagad pull sa hand break lever at dahan dahan pag release ng break pedal para di mag slip pa atras.

So normal ba talaga or hindi? Akala ko normal dahil mabigat nga and by design mahina talaga kapit ng handbreaks more so kung pa atras.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    foot parking brakes and hand parking brakes are the same, iba lang ang activation. the brakes themselves are the same (drum type), only the lever is different. one is pushed by the foot, the other is pulled by hand.

di lang sa crv yan. pati sa santa fe saka sorento true yan. but in the case of the santa fe and sorento mahina siya forward (i.e., vehicle is on a downward incline) as compared to reverse (vehicle is on an uphill incline). so mas kumakapit siya pag paatras kesa paabaante. now in the crv, as the ts said, malakas ang brake sa forward pero mahina sa reverse. nasa design yan ng brake drum kung mas malakas sa forward o sa reverse. obviously the designers of honda envisioned their foot parking brakes as an emergency brake also, something that can be used to help stop the car when the main brakes fail (emphasis on the word "help"). on the other hand hyundai/kia designed it only as a parking brake that is why the foot brakes have lesser stopping force when on a downhill. that is the reason why on my previous sta fe and present sorento i can move the car forward with the brakes on but can not move it in reverse (meaning with the parking brakes on the car will move when in D but not when in R). it is also the reason why i had to have the brake adjusted myself on the santa fe (since hyundai casa did not want to adjust it). so as you see this problem is not exclusive to your crv. on my previous sta fe, before the adjustment, the car just can not hold its position on a steep downhill unless i put the shifter in park. on the sorento it is acceptable so i have not done any adjustment on it.

adjustment is simple. before starting, remember we are talking about the parking brake here, not the main brake. the parking brake on vehicles equipped with disk brakes are small drum type brakes. have the car raised (or go under the car), find the cable running from both left and right rear parking brakes and you will find they are both connected to a single cable connected to the parking foot brake lever (or hand brake as the case may be). there will be an adjustment turnbuckle or adjustment screw connected to the single cable (depends on the design). loosen the lock nut, then tighten the adjusting nut (meaning turn it so the cable shortens). now this is a trial and error adjustment, so you may need to adjust several times until you are satisfied. make the adjustments in small increments, one turn at a time in between testing. BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVER TIGHTEN AS THIS WILL CAUSE THE BRAKE TO LOCK UP AND OVERHEAT. to test if it is locked, with the vehicle raised, turn the rear wheels by hand with the brakes released and the shifter in neutral. it should be free. remember to tighten the lock nut after final adjustment is made.

on vehicles not equipped with disk brakes the main drum brake is also the parking brake. adjustment is the same procedure as above.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Wow, thanks yebo.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234