New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When does a car owner replace certain suspension parts? Like, shocks, tie rods, etc.? Do these have a certain date wherein you need to change them? Do they have certain visual cues that identify the need to replace?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    the rubber, you can inspect visually, but the rest is SOTP (seat of the pants)... if your butt (or ear) tells you something's wrong... then you'll know.

It really varies per car... some cars can go for years without needing suspension parts replacement, while some heavily used cars can have suspension problems within a year... especially if you run over very rough roads or if you LOAD the car past its maximum capacity. (I did this on my old Sentra once, loaded some very big people in it, and the suspension was never the same after... )...

It's good to visually inspect every 20,000km just to be sure.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    when the car starts getting noisy, this is a sure sign na kelangan magpalit. as to what needs changing, this is something you should leave to casa or other shops to find out since they have experience with determining the amount of wear on a certain part vs what it should really be.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i had my suspension fixed last week. pinapalitan lang nila yung mga parts na kinalawang na yung joint. mostly they injected polymer. so far ok naman yung work nila. they gave me 15,000 km warranty. malaki talaga natipid ko as compared kung papalitan ang lahat na suspension.

Suspension Replacement