New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    My wife told me it happened to her 2 times already. Yung una eh kahapon habang lumiliko, tumigas daw yung manibela, ginawa nya reverse sya ulit para bumalik yung manibela then gas it, ok na. Then today while making a u-turn, after the u-turn at nag gas na sya ulit ok na.

Can this be related to the battery? The car has been having problem starting since Monday, the battery is a 2 years old motolite gold, nag jump start lang kami to start it in Monday morning. Ever since medyo matagal sya mag start, one click pa rin pero it takes time to start. We are planning to change the battery tomorrow and hoping the steering problem will go away too.

Should I have anything else checked?

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    My wife told me it happened to her 2 times already. Yung una eh kahapon habang lumiliko, tumigas daw yung manibela, ginawa nya reverse sya ulit para bumalik yung manibela then gas it, ok na. Then today while making a u-turn, after the u-turn at nag gas na sya ulit ok na.

Can this be related to the battery? The car has been having problem starting since Monday, the battery is a 2 years old motolite gold, nag jump start lang kami to start it in Monday morning. Ever since medyo matagal sya mag start, one click pa rin pero it takes time to start. We are planning to change the battery tomorrow and hoping the steering problem will go away too.

What car? EPS?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    What car? EPS?

Vios 2nd gen.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Vios 2nd gen.

Before you replace the batt, check its health & charging system. If its the latter, don't grab the hobo reps.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

is your power steering still hydraulic?
    if so, it could be the PS pump.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    is your power steering still hydraulic?
    if so, it could be the PS pump.
    Its a vios 2nd gen.. its equipped with EPS na.. may be the EPS module lost its calibration due to the jump starting and low battery.

Check alternator and battery health

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Its a vios 2nd gen.. its equipped with EPS na.. may be the EPS module lost its calibration due to the jump starting and low battery.

Check alternator and battery health
    what year did the gen 2 vios start?
    aficionadoes may understand,
    but commoners still identify them by calendar year.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Yes. I believed it's because of your battery. Palitan mo na agad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Thanks guys. Just got my battery replaced with amaron ns60. The old battery daw eh OK pa charging but he said something na 80% na lang daw. So far OK na yung start. Hindi pa experience ulit yung steering problem. Sabi nga ng Minerva sa battery yung problem sa steering wheel.

Last edited by BratPAQ; June 12th, 2020 at 04:38 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i thought,
    with the engine running, the alternator provides most of the car's electrical needs, not the battery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast