New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Pipz gumagamit ba kayo nito? I've heard these are effective anti-carnapping devices.

Solex steering lock gamit ko. (yung may clutch restraint) P799 sa ace hardware.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I use the steering lock too. I forgot kung anong brand. It's one of the best deterrent against carnappers. Kung carjack naman, you may use it also to

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Meron kasing iba mas mura mga 250-400 pesos lang. Hindi kaya madaling itong ma buksan ng mga carnappers?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Picard: The purpose of those steering wheel locks is really to just "delay" how fast they'll steal the car. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, no matter what uber-titanium-diamond-enforced material you use, the steering wheel ring itself is just made of a 1/4" thin steel ring that can be easily sawed off using a hacksaw. By doing so, whatever wheel cover you use can just be taken off.

So go with whatever cheap but sturdy wheel lock you can find, it doesn't really matter.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Oo nga naman you have a point. Better not buy a car at all...hehe! How bout immobilizers? Effective ba tlga yun? Or may way din carnappers para mabypass yun?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Immobilizers are good, but a better one is to have a kill switch. Parang secret switch siya you have to activate for you to be able to start the car. It acts like a secret immobilizer that you only know.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Immobilizers are good, but a better one is to have a kill switch. Parang secret switch siya you have to activate for you to be able to start the car. It acts like a secret immobilizer that you only know.
    TUMPAK! I had this installed sa trooper ko before and I've yet to install sa DMAX. Just make sure that you hide the switch somewhere its not obvious. Much better if you can install 2 switches para may isa pang hahanapin ang mga magnanakaw if ever nakita na yung isa.

Rey's autoelectrical can install one for you at reasonable price.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    The effectiveness of any new car security/locks/alarms may be good only for less than a year. In due time, carnappers would find a way to bypass/unlock them.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    TUMPAK! I had this installed sa trooper ko before and I've yet to install sa DMAX. Just make sure that you hide the switch somewhere its not obvious. Much better if you can install 2 switches para may isa pang hahanapin ang mga magnanakaw if ever nakita na yung isa.

Rey's autoelectrical can install one for you at reasonable price.
    Yep, the key is to layer your security systems. Parang treasure hunt. Pag nakuha yung isang key, kelangan pa hanapin yung isa to start the car. Of course, pointing out the obvious here is like telling them where to look. Better to be discreet when giving out info like this on the internet (it's not yet that specific...)

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The steering wheel lock is hardly a problem for expert carnappers. They simply have to detach the steering wheel (along with the "protective" lock) and replace it with another.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Steering lock users..