New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Are these worth the upgrade? Without changing rotors or pads, will there be a noticeable difference? Appreciate your advice guys...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008

Thanks sir. Makes sense, but I was also hoping for insights from actual converts. If there is a noticeable gain in stopping power. I'm not sure if the article is from an independent source, or sells these hoses?

I'm upgrading to drilled and slotted rotors, plus ceramic pads. However I read some online advice on these SS brake lines, which led me to start this thread.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    hi mga paps, besides the brake hoses, anong mai-recommend niyo na brand ng drilled/slotted brake rotors recommended para sa suv like Montero. preferably bigger than the oem. TIA

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Stainless steel brake lines improve pedal feel and reduce the amount of time between applied pedal pressure and actual deceleration by preventing expansion, which stock rubber lines allow. So categorically, stopping power is not only determined by the SS brake lines but an upgrade in your braking system as well, like increasing the size of your calipers of which I can attest personally will give you a noticeable increase in stopping power

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    stopping distance will depend greatly on your tires, if it slide or not.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    There are a lot of factors playing when we discuss braking. Type of tire rubbers, tread wear, tire pressure tire dimensions, brake pads, rotor disc or drums in some cars, weight of the car, ground clearance and center of gravity. But para sa tanong nang TS, it will be an upgrade and it will improve your brake system.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    hi mga paps, besides the brake hoses, anong mai-recommend niyo na brand ng drilled/slotted brake rotors recommended para sa suv like Montero. preferably bigger than the oem. TIA
    why waste money on something you don't need? pads, hose, brake fluid and better tires is all you'll need unless you track your car then that's the time you'll only need a drilled/slotted rotor. anyway if you still want one get a slotted rotor since a lot of drilled rotors tend to crack after some time.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What is the car ba? Formula 1, or some kind of exotic sports car that you race? Baka naman altis or civic lang yan e hindi na kelangan mga ganyan.

The brake hoses are too short, only less than 4 feet in total length, and with so small internal diameter that you would feel any difference. How sensitive is your feet ba that you can feel an additional 0.1 cubic centimeter of expansion? Pure BS! Waste of money lang yan.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    brake hose is the last thing would think of when you want to improve braking.

huwag niyo painitin ulo ng mga bossing dito hahaha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Stainless Steel braided brake hoses