Tried the OEM and OK na sia.

Thanks guys!

2. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by misterioman View Post
    Tried the OEM and OK na sia.

Thanks guys!
    hi,

when you say OEM, say, toyota ang kotse mo, the replacement is toyota (brand) din? kasi madalas sa akin nirerekomenda pag nagpapalit ako ng pads eh bendix. is bendix considered OEM? thanks!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    OEM galing casa, sa casa parts mo binili, bendix is an aftermarket supplier which is oem quality

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Wish i'd read this thread before allowing Bendix brake pads to be installed on our Sorento 05. Hate the squeaking sound, pero sayang yung binayad.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    If you don't prep the brake rotors, if usually makes noise. Same with newly resurfaced ones, if you don't wash it after machining it will sing specially on a humid morning

6. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by leolop View Post
    Wish i'd read this thread before allowing Bendix brake pads to be installed on our Sorento 05. Hate the squeaking sound, pero sayang yung binayad.
    bro, try mo muna i-check yun backplate, baka yun ang sumasayad - wala pang bayad. bendix CT din kinabit ko, maingay nga.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leolop View Post
    bro, try mo muna i-check yun backplate, baka yun ang sumasayad - wala pang bayad. bendix CT din kinabit ko, maingay nga.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Can you record and post the noise?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    squeaking brakes is mainly caused by improper bedding-in procedure after the brake pads have been replaced.
    considering if the back plate was correctly installed, the caliper pins and other parts properly greased, the whole brake cleaned of brake dust and grime, then proper bedding-in procedure must be done to eliminate squeaking.

although bendix products have a titanium stripe that says it can bed-in the material from the moment you install the brakes, it is still advisable to bed-in the brake pad with the rotor the right way.

the rotor can only make proper contact if the brake pads, if the material transfer from the brake pads are even and uniform to the rotor surface... if there are hot spots/uneven transfer material on the brake rotor surface, as the brake pads contact the hot spots, the rotor will momentarily change the friction at that hotspot causing air pressure differential and cause a vibration that will lead to a resonance heard as a brake squeal...

after installation of the brake pad, drive the vehicle slowly at less than 40kph then brake with a soft pressure for 20 cycles, not allowing the vehicle to brake to a dead stop, then resuming driving again. after doing the 20 cycles, run the vehicle with a higher speed and brake with hard pressure for 20 cycles not also allowing the vehicle to do a complete stop,

after that check your rotors and you will see a greyish/bluish material on the rotor surface indicating that material transfer is complete and even.

9. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by miko101130 View Post
    squeaking brakes is mainly caused by improper bedding-in procedure after the brake pads have been replaced.
    considering if the back plate was correctly installed, the caliper pins and other parts properly greased, the whole brake cleaned of brake dust and grime, then proper bedding-in procedure must be done to eliminate squeaking.

although bendix products have a titanium stripe that says it can bed-in the material from the moment you install the brakes, it is still advisable to bed-in the brake pad with the rotor the right way.

the rotor can only make proper contact if the brake pads, if the material transfer from the brake pads are even and uniform to the rotor surface... if there are hot spots/uneven transfer material on the brake rotor surface, as the brake pads contact the hot spots, the rotor will momentarily change the friction at that hotspot causing air pressure differential and cause a vibration that will lead to a resonance heard as a brake squeal...

after installation of the brake pad, drive the vehicle slowly at less than 40kph then brake with a soft pressure for 20 cycles, not allowing the vehicle to brake to a dead stop, then resuming driving again. after doing the 20 cycles, run the vehicle with a higher speed and brake with hard pressure for 20 cycles not also allowing the vehicle to do a complete stop,

after that check your rotors and you will see a greyish/bluish material on the rotor surface indicating that material transfer is complete and even.
    what if the rotor is rusty? could that be factor? i'll be driving to tagaytay this weekend, i hope proper bed-in would take place.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gutz_3110 View Post
    what if the rotor is rusty? could that be factor? i'll be driving to tagaytay this weekend, i hope proper bed-in would take place.
    after 5 minutes with moderate braking, the rust will be gone. the rust is only at the surface it will be easily remove by normal braking.
    bed-in mo muna before going to tagaytay, hanap ka subdivision or area na pwde ka mag bed-in, less than 15 min lang na bed-in mo n yan,

pag meh nag sudden stop sa expressway, tapos di pa totally bedded-in yung pad, the braking distance will be longer and the brake pad may imprint itself sa rotor, mas mahirap n yun alisin at i-bed-in.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast