New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    here is my story...

i was driving the other day and all of a sudden my brake pedal went soft. so i decide to pull over to a gas station and checked if i had any brake fluid in the reservoir...it was empty!!! i then i fill it up to the max level...and still my brakes were spongy. when i get home...i check the reservoir...it was till full. so i figured i needed to bleed my brake system and so i did. STILL SPONGY!!! what seems to be the problem? should i change my brake master kit? or could it just be my brake lines? thanks in advance...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    hindi ba parang may mas malalang problem sir ang brakes mu. the brake fluid canister can't go empty without a major problem. in the gasoline station, did you just top up your brake fluid or did you check for problems?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    sorry double post. lagger
    Last edited by aejhayl17; February 7th, 2010 at 09:53 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    yes i just filled it up and never checked for problems...i figured it was just empty...cause it happened to me before. BTW, when i brake, my car veers to the right...its seems so that the brake on the left is not working...also, when i bled my brakes...the left brake had alot of air in it...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aQord View Post
    here is my story...

i was driving the other day and all of a sudden my brake pedal went soft. so i decide to pull over to a gas station and checked if i had any brake fluid in the reservoir...it was empty!!! i then i fill it up to the max level...and still my brakes were spongy. when i get home...i check the reservoir...it was till full. so i figured i needed to bleed my brake system and so i did. STILL SPONGY!!! what seems to be the problem? should i change my brake master kit? or could it just be my brake lines? thanks in advance...
    There is air in your brake lines.

You will need to have to bleed all the air out of your entire brake system before the spongy feeling disappears.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    yes i just filled it up and never checked for problems...i figured it was just empty...cause it happened to me before. BTW, when i brake, my car veers to the right...its seems so that the brake on the left is not working...also, when i bled my brakes...the left brake had alot of air in it...
    you want to try to bleed it all. maybe, there is still air on brake line. anung car nga pala yan sir? make, model and transmission.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i bled all four brakes...the brake that had the most air was the front left. its a 94 accord...i bled all four brakes and it did nothing....

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i bled all four brakes...the brake that had the most air was the front left. its a 94 accord...i bled all four brakes and it did nothing....
    a/t ba yan sir or m/t? if m/t, isa lang ba ang fluid canister niyan for brake and clutch? if isa lang, might as well bleed the clutch

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    its a M/T and it has its own reservoir...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    its a M/T and it has its own reservoir...i know that it cant be my kit cause the reservoir is still full...its been puzzling me and its frustrating...i just kept bleeding the brakes and it just wont work...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Spongy brake....