New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aQord View Post
    here is my story...

i was driving the other day and all of a sudden my brake pedal went soft. so i decide to pull over to a gas station and checked if i had any brake fluid in the reservoir...it was empty!!! i then i fill it up to the max level...and still my brakes were spongy. when i get home...i check the reservoir...it was till full. so i figured i needed to bleed my brake system and so i did. STILL SPONGY!!! what seems to be the problem? should i change my brake master kit? or could it just be my brake lines? thanks in advance...
    since the reservoir was empty, there is a great possibility that you have a leak somewhere in the system,

find a competitive shop to get it diagnosed properly to immediately put the car back to safe side.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hilldweller View Post
    Di ba ang mga oto may dalawang diagonal connection naman ang brake circuit so that if 1 circuit fails may naiiwan pang isa.
    I cannot speak for the other carmakers and their cars, but Honda I am certain of because it explicitly mentions the diagonal brake circuits in their owner's manuals.

In contrast, we had Toyotas for a very long time but I don't remember them mentioning the arrangement of their braking circuits in the owner's manuals.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bambino View Post
    since the reservoir was empty, there is a great possibility that you have a leak somewhere in the system,

find a competitive shop to get it diagnosed properly to immediately put the car back to safe side.
    how much should i expect for a fix? im gonna try bleeding it again one more time and see what happens...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aQord View Post
    how much should i expect for a fix? im gonna try bleeding it again one more time and see what happens...

ok na auto mo sir?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Spongy brake....