New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Hi guys, newbie here. Just recently got my first pickup-based SUV. And what i really noticed is matagtag siya lalo na pag-empty load. I've tried lowering tire pressure, putting sandbags at the back, etc. and they work fine naman. I'm just looking for a more permanent solution.

I want to upgrade my suspension focused on comfort (since i don't go off-roading). I'm using a 2015 Chevy Trailblazer, and leaf spring yung rear suspension niya. My questions are:

1) Anong magandang spring+shock combo that is built specifically to improve ride comfort?

- sa shocks i've been reading bilstein 5100, procomp es1000, koni fsd, etc.
    - sa springs, i have no idea
    - i also read something about investing in an air suspension/leveling kit

2) Where can I get professional advice (kung meron man) regarding this upgrade?

Thanks in advance sa tulong niyo guys. Medyo overwhelming kapag newbie pa.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    I've read and heard that bilstein shocks and kings springs are a nice combo. try searching for absolute autoworks and top 4x4 offroad in fb, nice setups there, seems expensive though.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by halimawts View Post
    Hi guys, newbie here. Just recently got my first pickup-based SUV. And what i really noticed is matagtag siya lalo na pag-empty load. I've tried lowering tire pressure, putting sandbags at the back, etc. and they work fine naman. I'm just looking for a more permanent solution.

I want to upgrade my suspension focused on comfort (since i don't go off-roading). I'm using a 2015 Chevy Trailblazer, and leaf spring yung rear suspension niya. My questions are:

1) Anong magandang spring+shock combo that is built specifically to improve ride comfort?

- sa shocks i've been reading bilstein 5100, procomp es1000, koni fsd, etc.
    - sa springs, i have no idea
    - i also read something about investing in an air suspension/leveling kit

2) Where can I get professional advice (kung meron man) regarding this upgrade?

Thanks in advance sa tulong niyo guys. Medyo overwhelming kapag newbie pa.
    vehicles with leaf spring suspension is designed to be stiffer to accomodate load and cargo. kung gusto mo comfort dapat yung all around coil ang suspension na suv ang binili mo.
    hindi mo yna mapapalambot na gaya ng crossover or coil based suv's.

you can lessen the stiffness and lack of suspension travel para kahit papano mabawasan, pero gagastos ka.

1. lift the vehicle by 2 inches sa harap
    -change your coils sa harap to a longer one by 2 inches.
    -change the strut shocks sa harap to a longer one by 2 inches and softer type.

2. lift the vehicle by 2 inches sa rear
    -change your leaf springs shackles to a longer one by 2 inches.
    -change your rear shocks to a longer one by 2 inches and softer one.

the above will increase your suspension travel by 2 inches, giving mroe room for suspension travel reducing harshness.

aftermarket leaf springs/ coil springs will either be the same or stiffer than OEM, bot not softer.

as for the shocks, if you have the budget go for the better one's,

procomp es 1000- softest, no adjustment.
    procomp mx - can be adjusted 6 levels.

bilstein- ok also, but a pricey, no adjustment.

hangang saan ka ba willing gumastos, kasi the above modification and upgrade will cost around 40-60k depending on the brands.

personally i prefer toughdog and rancho

rancho rs9000xl- 9 levels of adjustment. 1-super soft/ 9-suoer hard.