New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    RE: DOT 5 do not ever make the mistake of mixing this with DOT 3 or 4. DOT 5 is very different than the other two.

If you want good braking power, do you think your car's braking performance has diminished? Does it take more effort to step on the brake?
    Dimished? Getting there I guess. The pedal is going deep already but still managing.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    DOT5 is not always recommended for street use, as it can eat into things... can your system actually take DOT5 without damage? You should read the warnings on the bottle first... DOT4 is the most aggressive fluid you will need for road use.

Slotted rotors aren't that expensive. Stock size should be between 5000 to 7000 pesos for a pair of front discs for your vehicle. That's not much more than brand new replacement discs. It's big brakes that cost a lot.

But if you want better braking, go stainless lines (will cost about as much), get better pads, and, most importantly, check that your discs are flat. have them refaced if they're warped, as warpage can cause poor brake feel and a deep pedal. But be warned... discs can only be refaced so far. if refacing doesn't do enough, then it might be time to replace the discs.

As per checking, I'm at a phase that DOT 5 is not really "recommended". Well, I'll have to make it bleed again and change to DOT 4 if the guru niky says I need to . I'll try to check for these stainless lines you are talking about because I really don't know what it is. Thanks for the tip and I'll be doing this when money is on my side.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Stainless lines are maybe about 8k, maybe less, since you've got a Honda, after all. Good for pedal feel, but it'll do diddly squat for a deep pedal if your discs are already warped.

Good luck with your mods. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sirs question po, can we just copy the pattern of slotted discs?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    saken maingay naman pag paatras lang na brake... what could be the culprit?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Buy US made stainless braided lines. Locally fabricated lines are NOT of the same quality. The lines usually separate from the fittings.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    runstop has decent rotors. they should be around 8k for a pair depending on application and size.

tanabe pads are good enough na pang everyday.

earls or goodridge lines and ATE brake fluid.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    runstop has decent rotors. they should be around 8k for a pair depending on application and size.

tanabe pads are good enough na pang everyday.

earls or goodridge lines and ATE brake fluid.
    Thanks for the tips sir. Also, YGPM

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Si 06 View Post
    Buy US made stainless braided lines. Locally fabricated lines are NOT of the same quality. The lines usually separate from the fittings.
    It would depend on how it's made. If you buy it from the cheapest fabricator... well, yeah, you'll be getting what you've paid for.

But some people are using local stainless with no problems.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It would depend on how it's made. If you buy it from the cheapest fabricator... well, yeah, you'll be getting what you've paid for.

But some people are using local stainless with no problems.
    So where can I get it fabricated? Any stores /shops that you would recommend?

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    [QUOTE=JCBalunsat;1020533]Dimished? Getting there I guess. The pedal is going deep already but still managing.

Sir, have you had your brake repair kit checked? This usually causes the pedal to go deep when braking, sometimes to the point that you have to pump the pedal before the brakes start to bite .

I'm also using bendix (metal king) on my ride and yes, they cause the whistling sound. This tends to get louder and irritating if the rotors are full of brake dust.

I do agree with sir mazdamazda that slotted disks are not cheap. But good brake pads are a good investment. If you take good care of your discs, they will last longer than your stock pads. I've had mine for 4 years now.

HTH and saves you an arm and a leg

Good day to all !!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Slotted Discs and good replacement brake pads