New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCoder1 View Post
    Ano po kaya dahilan nito?May konting incline kasi sa parking space ko.After stopping, with my foot still on the brake pedal, I put my A/T to Park then I engage the parking brake then release the brake pedal.
    this is how i do it on an A/T whenever i park on an incline.

foot brake while shifting to neutral > pull the hand brake > release foot brake, the car will move a bit, then foot brake again while shifting to park > turn off engine.. in this way, the stress is on the brakes and not on the tranny.

imho, it's much cheaper to replace the brake pads than a tranny..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    OT: bakit sa mga large SUV ayaw mag lock ng hand brake? then pag incline then paatras halos walang power ang handbrake? based on my expirience po ..

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Happened to me last month when my handbrake started to slip more often so had the following done at a reliable local shop:

1. Had the rear drum brakes cleaned with Brake Cleaner.

2. Had the tension adjusted.

Solved the problem.

By the way, in order to ensure that your rear drum brakes has the correct setting, spin the drum - it has to have a certain resistance to the spin. It must not spin loosely.

HTH.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    If you've got the lever-type handbrake as found on most cars, the lever should run out of travel after 4-7 clicks.

If you've got the floor-type handbrake used on pickups and trucks, you'll have to listen to 16-24 clicks (based on our old LiteAce's owner's manual).

Any more and you probably need to have the handbrake cable adjusted. No bleeding necessary as the handbrake's operation involves zero brake fluid, anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sliding brake with handbrake engaged on slight incline